First Virginia Picker With Gold Monster

• The title was changed to First Virginia Picker With Gold Monster

7 hours ago, Mxt Sniper said:

Nice looking little creek, first gold with the detector is the hardest, it will come easier now.

Good job and nice pics!!!!!!!

As far as "first gold with detector is the hardest" goes.....  Been the exact opposite for me, got off to a great start in the beginning and steadily going downhill with 30 hunts in as of today (another skunk)…..  Just saying

1 hour ago, phrunt said:

It's more like my KFC addiction, I can't get enough of fried chicken or gold hunting ?

My dry spell is bound to end soon, hopefully this coming week.  I haven't been detecting near as much as I'd like to, life gets in the way sometimes, so does the weather.  I had a chance today to go but it looks like the weather isn't playing ball and snow forecast tomorrow and the next day so that's out too. After reading this post about finding gold in a creek I was so desperate to go I was thinking of hitting the creek I had my big win as it's the closest place for me to get to for an afternoon detect today but I don't know if it will happen, the Monster isn't waterproof if it buckets down rain and the Nox coil is too darn big so at the moment my twitching continues.

Welcome to the forum PG-Prospecting, you're lucky to have access to a private area of land that has gold, that creek looks like it's dying to get a bit of sluice action. The Nox is great for getting those tiny little bits of gold other detectors like your 4800 can't or struggle to get.  It's a nice little bit you got there too.

Simon

Simon,

Why don't, you put plastic food wrapping film and a clear plastic silicone or plastic bag around the Monster, this will keep your Monster nice and dry. Don't let the rain stop you!

Thanks for all the input guys!   

kiwijw - There was a hard rock mine a short distance up the main creek.  The valley was also intermittently placer mined.  Funny thing is that up around the hardrock mine area ive found more placerfied gold and my spot a half mile down stream from the mine produces crystalline gold when dredging the creek.  Ive metal detected the hillsides all around the creek where I get the crystalline gold with both the gpx4800 and the gm1000 and found nothing.  Its been a weird puzzle that wont come together lol.  

The main creek has lots of exposed bedrock but ive detected a good bit of it and found nothing.  The bigger gold only seems to reside under deeper overburden in this creek, and exposed bedrock areas tend to be blowouts.  

Ill post some pics of the different types of gold from this creek.  first four are from half mile down stream from the hard rock mine, all found dredging.  The placerfied one is from up closer to the hard rock mine.   

Let me know what insights you guys have.  

IMG_0068 (2).JPG

IMG_0238.JPG

IMG_0678.JPG

IMG_20170904_174851595.jpg

20180304_192030.jpg

• Like 4