Am I doing something wrong? I cant get the volume control + or  -- buttons to work on the ML80 phones. The volume works fine on the detector.

Are you sure they are powered on and connected wirelessly (Is the bluetooth symbol and plus sign visible on the control pod) and you are not just hearing the control pod speaker?  Also, if you plugged them directly into the unit vice using them as wireless phones, the volume control on the phones will not work because they are operating in passive non-powered mode.  If they are connected wirelessly and you still cannot control volume,  reset the Equinox to factory settings and try wireless re-pairing the headphones to the control pod again.

• Like 1

presume you are 'clicking' the button and not just holding it in. when I first got mine I thought that holding the + button in would up the volume but the found it needed constant clicks. it gives a tune when the limit is reached

• Like 4

Well, that sucks.  While you send them back for replacement, you can plug some wired phones into the WM08 module and remain untethered from the detector, at least.

For future reference, the number is on the quick start guide included in the box.

630-401-8150

I called ML and since I  am leaving in 2 days on an extended prospecting / metal detecting trip thru NV, MT and Ca they are sending. me another set of phones. Great service by Minelab.

• Like 2