Removing Gold From The Country You Find It In?

Hi Steve, will the 7000 fit in a large airline approved suitcase...the specs mention a size in the packed position, I am not sure what that means...

What I really want to know is how to get this on the plane  to Oz when I go again?

fred

Hi Fred (and anyone else who might know),

I have a question that came from your question, and sorry to split the thread....

Are you actually allowed to take gold out of the country that you find it in? Imagine that you find more than just a few small nuggets. Won't the authorities stop you? I live in Europe and would love to go to some of the gold bearing areas in other countries such as Australia, Canada, the USA, maybe even Russia or China, but I always had a doubt about whether I would be allowed out again with the gold.

Thanks,

richard

Australia will not stop you unless the nugget is very large-I think over 300 oz-I wish I had that problem. Of course you have to lawfully find the gold. Most States in Oz require a Miner's Right.

Buying and selling gold is another dog...

I never took any out of the USA...

You would need to do research for your country and the country in question...never operate on heresay and other people's opinions. Get the reg's in writing!

fred

I have a friend that travels over seas, and he has lost a lot of different stuff on the good old airlines.

Then he discovered it was better to ship his stuff FedX right to the Hotel and avoid all the hassle checking in on the airlines.

Ivan