14k Gold With Diamond Engagement Ring Return

Chuck,  You are one of the few who has been doing it (detecting that is) since BFO's and still out there sweeping.  Keep at it my friend and no worries on the stories.  We all love and learn from them.

• Thanks 1

Gerry 

Thanks for the kind words. The day of the BFO was all White’s had to offer at the time. The detector had three tubes if I remember correctly and one of the batteries was 48 volts. This all was wrapped up in a big metal box that carried over to the 66 TR.

That 66TR is still working today. I gave it to a friend when I bought my Eagle 2. Over years because of the cost of the batteries it used he done a mod to use AA’s.

A friend in Oklahoma had said he was detecting old homes but wasn’t finding any old coins.

I told him remember when I started detecting I was looking for a place that was 50 years old. He just starting now have to find a place a 100 years old.

One may have to think about what I said but I’ve been at it over 50 years . That friend text me the other day saying he had found a old wheat. I shouldn’t have ask the date but I did. His reply was it’s a 1941 and my reply was that’s not old because that’s when I was born.

These kids know what hurts.haha

The Best To You 

Chuck

• Like 1