Decided To Pull The Trigger On A Nox

So after reading tons of material on the Equinox 800 and debating the purchase in my head for awhile, i finally decided to pull the trigger.  So it will be my third detector the other two being a gpx4800 and a GM1000.  

I primarily prospect and i feel that the Nox will do two things better prospecting wise compared to the other two detectors, the first thing is hunt trashy tailing piles that have potentially large nuggets, the second is river hunting where i know a gold bearing vein crosses the river that has produced multi ounce nuggets from the old mines adjacent to the river.  Ive also been scared to use the gpx for creek hunting much in areas with more overburden, id hate to drop it in the water, so im hoping the Nox can punch through deeper overburden and find gold with its larger coil in the creek.  

I also have enjoyed beach hunting and coin shooting in the past with my pap, and it will be nice to have a detector that does those things well.  Im sure my girl friend also wouldnt mind more trips to the beach vs trips to the middle of the tick and chigger infested woods lol.  

I will post some of my finds once i get it and get out there with it.  

• Like 4

Thanks guys!  

Maybe I will be the first guy to find a nugget with the Nox on the East Coast lol.  Not that many people are looking for nuggets with detectors out this way haha. 

So you don't count this one?

That was found with the GM1000.  In this post i said hopefully the first to find a nugget on the East Coast the Equinox.  

• Like 1