Air Metal Detectors

I use a 'cheap' smart phone called BLU (Bold Like Us) designed out of Miami (FL) and they have many models that are unlocked with a great GPS for around $50.  Most of these are not waterproof but $50 with all the features and computing power?  I would favor taking those types of electronics (make a rugged package) and dedicating it to a single or multiple use detector product and saving my phone and all of its contacts for life outside of detecting.  The commodity now is the circuitry (chips) which are sometimes put in the coils in addition to the phones.

https://www.amazon.com/blu 

Mitchel

Yeah, perhaps that coil should be treated as just an antenna, whether BT, WiFi or wired, wound however to amplify its particular features and ensure signal "purity", of course impedance matched to allow the receivers CPU (smart phone or whatever) to process via software giving us our GB, Discrimination etc or whatever tech (VLF, PI ZVT etc) that coil is wound for, making the software/CPU the brains. This is a simplified view of course. I`ve supported the Air concept, evolutionary or just gimmicky buh…………. time will tell.   

On 4/3/2019 at 1:34 PM, Norvic said:

Who knows where this will go, in regards to the use of a smart phone to control, perhaps even might go the way of the cheap SDR radio with the right software to exploit the power of the CPU. I`m an excited old fella.

Well Norvic, they are making some amazing apps for the phones.  I was just looking at a drone that uses an app for the controller.  I don't have one so I don't quite understand the communication range but there you have a phone app.  I look into it further or someone can comment.

http://promo.blade720.pro/cms/en/root/blade720/promotional?affid=3227&txid=10279e6966d93249367f0a1ad6419b&offerid=3693&show_timer={timer}&linkout={linkout}&aff_sub=&aff_sub2=5apzamkdv&aff_sub3=&aff_sub4=&aff_sub5=&aff_click_id=&recentlybought={recentlybought}&hide_header={hide_header} 

Transforms your boring photos into amazing footage

ellipse1.pngios-android-icon.png

Controlled via iOS and Android

Simply install the App and connect through Wifi to the drone

ellipse1.pngHD-video-icon.png

HD video and gesture control

Simply draw the flight path you want the drone to take on your smartphone display

ellipse1.png3d-icon.png

3D VR mode

Use the joystick and a VR kit to control the drone even easier

ellipse1.pngreal-time-icon.png

Real-time transmission

Super fast reaction times

Good news, kickstarter funding has reached 100% for the AMD. 

MN, probably we are only in the early days re. Smart phone Apps, what seems clever and advanced to us today, will be ancient tech in 5 or so years. A few projects with the right minds developing them, who knows what tomorrows detectors will be capable of. Who seen MLs 15000 go to todays Z back "last century"? Plus no doubt MLs got something new on the way. Tis an exciting period we live in.

So I guess now is a good time to ask this question:

Where's the gold?

As a mate says all too often "In my Pocket". 

But if we can round up some keen gyro gear losses who are software design geniuses as well as gold hunters, they`ll design a software operating system for the AMD that will tell us where the gold is. Then not only the mate will have a pocket full.

• Haha 1

No doubt, maybe that loop ought to be treated as only a recieving wire, regardless of whether BT, WiFi or wired, injury anyway to enhance its specific highlights and guarantee flag "virtue", obviously impedance coordinated to permit the collectors CPU (advanced mobile phone or whatever) to process by means of programming giving us our GB, Discrimination and so on or whatever tech (VLF, PI ZVT and so on) that curl is twisted for, making the product/CPU the minds. This is a rearranged view obviously. I've bolstered the Air idea, developmental or simply gimmicky buh… … . the truth will surface eventually.

What happens when a telemarketer calls? You know just when you think you have a good target......

• Haha 1