Kruzer In The Rain

I haven't been able to find much time to detect since getting my Kruzer..I got about an hour and a half on Saturday of free time, so grabbed it.  It was raining, so I said, no problem, its waterproof!

It rained most of the time I was out.  Everything worked fine.  Instead of using the wireless headphones though, I used the adapter, and just grabbed a pair of old ear buds.  Since I was running in two tone with the small coil, and digging anything but iron, they worked well enough.  I have to say...having wireless for a couple months....wireless is the best !  It was kindof heartbreaking to be tethered.   I am tempted to find some really huge hat I can wear over the wireless phones for the next trip in the rain.

The rubber handle grip is also nice for the wet stuff...mud and dirt dont get absorbed by the handle...just wipes off at the end of the hunt.  

My only issue, was in the heavier rainfall periods, it was a challenge to read the screen menus.  Since I am still new with the Kruzer (maybe 20 hunts), I am still playing with frequency, switching 2tone to Gen, etc quite often to check how targets sound before digging.

I was planning to cut out an ipad screen protector, then put rainx on it before I go out in the rain again.  Any other ideas?

Thanks.

• Like 2

I have a screen protector on mine and the two times I’ve been out in the rain I just wiped it off with a bandanna I keep in my back pocket  when I needed to see settings clearly. Also, the hood of my rain jacket kept the wireless HPs plenty dry.