White's Goldmaster 24K - New For 2018

19 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

What this thread (and one or two other recent ones) just made me realize:

Make a list of the longest running (in market) detectors in history.  Here are 4 that may be in the top 5:  Fisher Gold Bug 2, Fisher CZ3, White's MXT, and White's GMT.  What do they have in common?  Pretty amazing trophy to have on one's mantel in this modern electronic age.

Yeah I agree, And the thing is that any one of those machines can and will perform as good or better than any new comer, The GB2 might be getting on a bit but it is still the hottest LF detector on the market as old as it is, The GMT with a 6x10 concentric is an extremely hot combo, which is about as close to the GB2 as a detector can get when set up right.

This new GMK is a nice addition to the Whites line up so it will be good to see how well it performs compared to the GMT, but either one will get the job done. 

I am surprized that young Tommo has not been here to give up all the Info,  Guess he don't love us any more :sad: 

White's is in the process of certifying the dealers as we speak (in the US anyway) on the new 24K.  Those who are 24K certified will be able to sell the unit before the rest of the dealers.   It only makes sense anyway with the new detector, operation of it, the technology and also just being a gold machine.  We are told we'll be getting them before the other dealers too, so knowing the detector, how it runs and getting 24K Certified has its perks.  Yes it is a hot VLF and can find gold.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Gerry

That’s great White’s dealers will be certified I guess.

If I want to buy one will I have to meet with you in person so you can show me the correct way to use the 24 K ? But if I can’t can I still buy one from you?

I see nothing but more questions coming.

Chuck

• Like 1

I remember that White’s done the same thing when the TDI came out . Like then at first you have to buy from a certified dealer but that done nothing for me. Here I was half way across the US and I wasn’t about to make that long trip if that was the only way to have one.

In my opinion if White’s would get someone like Gerry to make a really great video on the 24 K and include that video with the sell of each 24 K that would do more good. 

I’d say if White’s can gather 20 dealers to certify most will be in gold country and others far away as I am in Texas could care less.

I remember when I called a dealer in the western states to buy a TDI and White’s wanted you to buy from a dealer in person.Well that was not to be and at the same time trying to tell me who I could buy from. In that I’m talking about if in Texas I was to buy in Texas. 

Today tomorrow I want to buy from a dealer that’s hunts for the same thing I want to hunt. Not from some guy that don’t know what end is up.

Tom a really great video by someone like Gerry would save lots of money. It would be that the customer can look at it as much as needed .

Tom and White’s it’s just something to think about.

Chuck

PS I know I repeated myself a couple times but it tick me off just thinking back about what I was told at the time.

• Like 1

Chuck,  I do offer 3 Day Field Training classes on gold detectors and purchasing the 24K from me would certainly get you a discount on the training.  As for the video on the field use and operation of the 24K, that is up to White's.  I did one for them years back on the GMT and then never heard back from them.  Kind of chapped my arse a little, but maybe I left something out.  At least the comments on that video a while back were "best GMT Instruction video out there".  Also, I can only do a video so long to catch the main points.  It is nothing like what is taught in our 3 day class.  Plus my time is limited and my editing guy has newer rates, so cost is more.  Who knows, maybe they will step up this time?

You don't have to purchase a White's detector in person or from your nearest dealer any more.  Luckily White's realized the loyal customer base dealers build up and it is best to keep that going.

Here is the video I did on the White's GMT some years back. 

• Like 3

aufarmer,  As soon as I get the word, I'll start taking orders.   So far in the ground conditions I've run it's much smoother than other VLF gold detectors.  White's engineering definitely designed a machine that will be loved by many.  More depth, smoother operation, greater sensitivity, way easier operation (user friendly), better housing per weather conditions and offering it at a more competitive price (savings).  Just so you know, I am recommending the 2 coil package for best savings.

• Like 5

I’ve express this before in that all new detectors should come with two coils. It’s a pain in the backside to buy something and have the wants are the need of another coil. 

We all like to save money and buying a two coil package deal upfront is cheaper than purchasing one at a later date.

Gerry

On what you said it sounds as if you got one of the new 24 K’s in your hot little hands!??

Chuck

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Someone who has been silent as a lamb on White’s new 24 K gold detector is Digger Bob.

Bob I’d like to hear from you. I’d find it hard to believe that you wouldn’t have your hands on one right now.

Tom is would be great to have a little more show and lots of tell.

Chuck

PS That cat is out of the bag already so why not tell all. Heck I got money in my wife’s pocket that’s burning a hole in it.I got something in the mail the other day and she ask if I bought another detector.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1