Detected A Construction Site In An Old Part Of Town

A friend who recently caught the detecting bug asked me to detect a worksite of his rental property in an area that saw activity dating back to the 1700's. The foundation had to be repaired and the house was off. I have detected  some extremely trashy sites, many cellar holes loaded with iron,  but this was by far the worst. My headphones were filled with an endless stream of burps, blips, and iron tones, including loads of signals from flashing and shreaded copper. I began detecting with the equinox and found a wheatie and a few relics but unfortunately no other decent signals, even with higher recovery speeds, horseshoe mode, and slow sweep speed. I know the Equinox is awesome  but it definitely could use a smaller coil. I figured since my buddy shared his property and was detecting with me in the rain in his Tshirt that I better increase my chances and put some coins in his pocket. I grabbed the AT Pro with the smaller coil out of the car and it did the trick. I found the cool button, a 1910 wheatie, an 1896 IH, and while detecting atop the debris from the excavation I found one of my favorite bottles ever.

IMG_20180627_213434_272.jpg

IMG_20180627_200936_941.jpg

20180627_200158.jpg

• Like 8

Nice!  Here's a similar (but certainly not identical) bottle find (post #30 at bottom of page 2):

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/bottles-glass/239791-who-collects-cobalt-blue-bottles-show-us-2.html

Thanks guys! I couldn't believe it was intact. I started digging old bottles as a kid behind our apartment complex and my mom always told me to keep the blue bottles so this one's going to her as well. I wish I had kept some of the other ones little did I know the dump dated back to the late 1700s. I left a ton of bottle sitting on top of the ground and as time went on somebody who knew what they were doing came in and cleaned it out LOL. I still have a couple spots people having dug too much yet and I bring my nephew when I go see him.

IMG_20150510_125303.jpg

• Like 2