GPZ 7000 & Titanium Knees?

This might have already been posted I figured it would be faster to ask.  I have a potential client who is thinking of upgrading from a 5000 to a 7000.  The concern is his knees and he thinks he'll have both knees replaced next Spring.  I know a 5000 can be used with long shaft (I have customers with titanium knees), but the 7000 is a different beast.  Anyone know for a fact if it is possible or should he stick with the 5000?   It would be nice to hear from those who know from experience and have tried it. 

I'll find the thread and post it up. 

A mate has had the titanium knee put in last year and is successfully detecting with his 7000 with the 14" coil I don't think he has tried the 19" yet but he reckons it might not work.

I'll send him a text and ask  :wink:

• Like 1

• The title was changed to GPZ 7000 & Titanium Knees?

Here was OutBack54’s comments from Dec 22, 2017:

”Hi All,

I am a very happy prospector. Recently I asked if anyone knew the effects of a knee replacement while detecting.

As mentioned, I recently had a full knee replacement and I was very concerned that my GPZ7000  would pick up the Titanium in the knee.

Well, I am currently at one of my favorite goldfields and came here to check for myself the effects that I might encounter.

I have been detecting for two days without a problem, I am over the moon. My fears were that I might have to sell my detector. Not only is there no interference, I have found three small nuggets.  Happy Happy.

The only thing I had to do was change the way I put the handful of dirt onto the coil to find the nugget/rubbish, bending too close to the coil, my knee would be picked up, but a few trials and now all is good.

So to anyone out there who is reluctant to have the knee operation due to their concerns of interference, I can tell you all, don't beconcerned, all is ok.

Thanks to all who sent a post to me on this.

Merry Christmas to everyone ( i know Santa has already come to me) 

Outback”

• Like 2