Ear Bud Suggestions

Hoping to take a few days beach hunting this summer.  As all know, it's usually super hot in August and wearing a set of head phones can add a tremendous amount of heat to the body, especially in the middle of the day.  I plan on using the wireless module and attaching a good set of ear buds for hunting.  I'm looking for the type that will block out the most noise from the ocean waves.  Having the Equinox will allow wading, which will greatly reduce the heating of the day.

Thanks in advance.

https://www.ebay.com/p/Bose-SoundSport-In-Ear-Only-Headphones-Black/238696192?iid=263520826168&chn=ps

were recommended by Steve H. and have worked well for me.  They are comfortable and stay in place pretty well.  I use them with the WM08 receiver which I put in a shirt pocket.  I've been using these for over two years with my other detectors (in those cases with the Deteknix/Quest transmitter-receiver units).

The one downside with using in conjunction with WM08 is that there is no volume adjustment downstream from the Eqx control module.  Yes, you can adjust the global volume plus individual tone volume in the Eqx control module but the top end could have higher amplitude, IMO.  I set the global volume at max (25) and same for the local volume of the nickel range (TID = 12-13) and high conductive coin range (variable depending if I'm wanting to reject Zincolns or accept Indian Head pennies) and that works, even in my noisy sites.  My hearing is probably about average for someone in his mid-60's.

• Like 1

I have two pair of those Bose earbuds because they don't fall out of my ear like many of them. The only thing better would be ones that have moldable ear pieces for a custom fit to your ear canal. I had a friend had some like that and it seemed like the way to go... so I have not done it yet!

They make these with an integrated volume control for cell phones, but they cost over twice as much as the old models without the volume control. Google "bose soundsport" for lots of options.

bose-in-ear-headphone.JPG.52e9d0a6b7cd40

Thanks all.

2 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I have two pair of those Bose earbuds because they don't fall out of my ear....

A nice bonus of these is that they come with three sets of the soft plastic earpieces (transparent structures in Steve's pic above) to accomodate different ear sizes.  For $40 the ergonomics is very good.

While not waterproof or noise cancelling, what I settled on and what I find to be ideal for me is  koss side firing (wired) earbuds ( worn like headphones) ;connected to the wm08 module that I wear close-fit around my neck via 1/4" wide braided elastic ( Walmart sewing dept). The earbuds are only $11 or so but at 32 ohm they have good sound, and I can still hear my surroundings which to me is important. Most importantly, they are so comfortable to wear I have actually forgotten I'm wearing them. They are perfect for those hot summer days. 

• Like 1

I've always wore full size head phones, but they are so hot.  Plus they really cancel out the wave sounds making it easier to hear the deep, fainter targets.  Just thought I'd try something different.  Not sure what I'll end up with.  Thanks for all the ideas and suggestions.

Now that it is hot again... (over 100 degrees these past few days in the L.A. and burb areas) I'll be using my Bose buds.

I have the Bose stereo ear buds that fit perfectly in the ear and do not fall out. I've even had them ripped out of my ears many times when laying my MD on the ground and they simply hold up to abuse. 

The best thing about these are the signals are loud and clear and just as good or better than my Grey Ghosts or my Audio Technica.

The pair that I have will set you back $130 from the Bose Store. Well worth it !!!

I have a pair very similar to these from amazon.  I think they changed the name since I purchased a few months ago.  I prefer the over the ear hooks and I have not noticed any lag at all. $29.99

If you don't want to bother with the module.

Conious Wireless Headphones with Built-In Mic and CSR8645 Chipset Featuring Bluetooth 4.1, APTX Audio and CVC Noise Canceling. Waterproof Sport Bluetooth Headphones with 15 Hour Battery and Carry Case

earbuds aptx.jpg