Cudo's To Minelabs Speedy Customer Service :)

Dan(NM)

I just got my control pod back from Minelab after a replacement due to a faulty on/off button. 11 day round trip, they got it on a Friday afternoon and shipped out the new one on a Monday afternoon.  Due to the extra warm weather 10-12 days of 100+ temps,  I wasn't going to do much hunting anyway.  Every rep I talked to thru the process was very friendly and helpful.  Thank you Minelab!!

• Like 7

Their Repair Facility is an overdue welcome in so many ways.  Being a dealer who keeps up with my customers, I too am very pleased with the turn around time and it is on par with the other manufactures, sometimes even faster.  Thanks for sharing a positive outcome.

I have had to send my E-800 in twice. Within minutes of reporting the issue I had with it I had prepaid shipping label for UPS. I sent it in both times on a Thursday and received it the following Thursday. Had I sent it in on Monday I would have received it back on a Friday. There were no questions asked and the 2nd time they apologized to me and sent me an  Equinox T-shirt. I had the sme trouble both times with the pinpoint button sticking in the on position. Since then I use the pinpoint button sparingly. The wiggle method is just as effective. 

I know they had shaft problems and other minor issues and I have not heard of anyone that has a true complaint with their customer service. I read one post on a different forum where the guy was calling the Equinox junk and Minelabs service sucked etc. He wanted a firmware update when in fact there is no firmware updates for the Equinox. I think many users think they have issues when in fact they don't.

I am one that will try everything possible before I call Minelab. A cpl issues I had and were resolved without sending my detector back to Minelab but I tried everything possible before I resorted to factory presets because I knew I would lose what I had stored in user profiles and as a last resort I did the reset. 

I applaud Minelab's customer service. 

One more thing there is so much info on this site that Steve has covered that if Steve hasn't covered it no one else on any forum has. There is no need to even browse any other detecting forum on the internet. If you report any issue or setting you don't understand it's almost in an instant that Steve sends the excerpt from the manual along with his explanation. There are a cpl of other experts on this forum as well and it don't take long to figure out who they are. Those that know the Equinox and other detectors always jump in to help. 

• Like 4