What Detector Would You Get?

I keeping going back and forth on several detectors. If you had the choice of one, I would like to hear your opinions and choices. 

Makro gold kruzer

Minelab equinox 800

Minelab GM 1000

XP Deus with HF coil 

I would love to get a Minelab PI machine but unfortunately I think they are out of my budget at the moment. And there seems to be lots of mixed opinions on the whites tdi. So I figured a good vlf would be the best choice for my next detector. Most of my gold detecting will be in Colorado so I am not expecting huge nuggets but gold is gold and it all adds up ???

Please tell us more about what you have found and what you hope to find with your new detector.  What were your other detectors?

Mitchel

The Fisher Gold Bug 2 would be something else to consider for small gold.  And if you have some time and can wait I think the new Whites detector coming out in a couple months looks promising.

• Like 1

I currently only have a Tesoro compadre. I have found lots of lead? spent casings some clad coins lots of metal trash. I would like to find some little pickers and nuggets if I am lucky. I sluice and highbank for gold now just trying to add another way of finding gold and other treasures. The little Tesoro is a good entry level machine but I am looking for something with a few more features. 

• Like 1

You can find descriptions off all your likely options including Gold Bug 2 and Goldmaster 24K at:

Steve's Guide To Gold Nugget Detectors

The Equinox 800 and XP Deus are general purpose detector designed for coins, jewelry, relics.... and also gold nuggets.

The Gold Kruzer is more of a nugget hunter that can also be used for jewelry, relics, and coins.

The Gold Monster is pretty much for nugget detecting only.

• Like 1

Steve, 

Thank you I will hop over there and read more about them. 

If gold nuggets were my objective I'd consider a good lightly used sdc2300 over something like the Deus for around the same money.

• Like 1

1515Art,

It seems people like to hold on to those I did not see a used one on eBay. I will keep an eye out. Thank you for the tip.