What Detector Would You Get?

U_U,

The gold monster seems to be an awesome machine but after reading tons of reviews and watching videos. I have pushed it off because the equinox can get tiny gold close to the monster but also do much more. Out of the 4 vlf machines I have cut down to the equinox and Deus. But still have not made up my mind. 

Hi,

I don't think you can go wrong with a Deus or an Equinox. I have more experience with the Equinox and I know the 800 can work in most any detecting situation including high mineralization at depth. Just found a clad quarter this morning in a local Denver park at 9 inches. That was with a screwdriver and probe! Ground balance is a 1!!! at this park so mineralization is almost off the chart. I have stopped digging many times with the Equinox since I just can't reach the target in the local parks here. 

For the vast majority of situations in Colorado, you won't need a PI machine. Most of the detectable gold that us mortals have access to is way less than half of a gram and only the best PI machines will hit really small pickers and flakes in the .1 to .2 gram range at depth. A 40Khz vlf like the Equinox 800 can detect that size gold here down to about 4 inches and anything bigger at that depth or less will scream at you.

Jeff

• Like 1

Jeff,

Thank you That helps out a lot I will grab me an equinox 800.

Realisticly, it's not wich one you are going to get... its wich one you are going to get first? The addiction, Oh the addiction.

1515Art, 

I am sure I will end up with another one at some point down the road.....???

For me every detector I ever purchased was a gut decision.  Some I fell in love with and some I never did like but tried my best to convince myself it was the right decision. In a nutshell every detector has it niche in the marketplace and serves that niche well. 

I have read complete reviews by many I look at as experts and they review every detector fairly. The people I consider experts do not work for any detector mfg. 

Whatever you buy you will always wonder if that was the right detector unless you fall in love with it

Norm, 

I think that goes with the territory of large purchase unfortunately.