Equinox Fulfilling My Expectations

What Dan did is what he found worked and worked well for him. He didn't try any magic settings that so many guys are looking for. it pretty simple the magic setting is the factory setting that you tweak to your liking.  It depends on what area of the US you detect in whether you need to ground balance or not and I think unless you're in a highly mineralized soil leave GB at zero.  I have never used GB nor have I tried it. Never had a need to. I used two settings, sensitivity and discrimination. I hunt by tone and look at the vdi as a confirmation. 

The magic in the Equinox is the same as  with every other detector. It's your ear guys. I have fun with my detector and I let Minelab science out the detector for me..LOL

59 minutes ago, Norm S said:

What Dan did is what he found worked and worked well for him. He didn't try any magic settings that so many guys are looking for. it pretty simple the magic setting is the factory setting that you tweak to your liking.  It depends on what area of the US you detect in whether you need to ground balance or not and I think unless you're in a highly mineralized soil leave GB at zero.  I have never used GB nor have I tried it. Never had a need to. I used two settings, sensitivity and discrimination. I hunt by tone and look at the vdi as a confirmation. 

The magic in the Equinox is the same as  with every other detector. It's your ear guys. I have fun with my detector and I let Minelab science out the detector for me..LOL

The nice thing about that type of hunt is being able to cover a lot of ground fast. I'm not talkin an absurd swing speed but I'm talking moving along until I hit that tone that I'm looking for. Once I get that Hi-Tone then I'll slow down, do the wiggle, try to clean up the signal and then go after the target. Cherry picking at its finest :-)

• Like 1