What Is Second Hand Wm08 Worth?

If stuff is only worth what it sells for, bad news for Minelab. My new in sealed plastic bag WM08 with the charger cable, $259 from Minelab, just sold after a 10 day auction on eBay for $87

I am not terribly surprised because like most people I am just fine with aptX Bluetooth on my Equinox. However, I am keeping one WM08 around for use with my earbuds.

wm081.jpg.eea2b12e9eac2076ce01bed6c2d0d3

• Like 2

Mine is in the package too Steve, think they should have included the chargers and left this for an accessory.  Bluetooth headgear gets better and cheaper so most people will go that route i believe. nice to have one as a back up so will hold on to it.

• Like 1

Steve

Full price 899.00. Military discount 764.00

Less         259.00.                                259.00

Equal.       640.00.                               505.00

We haven’t subtracted the Bluetooth headphones that also came with the Equinox 800 .

Minelab can ask any price they want but that don’t make it’s worth that. You may have sold it for 37.00 more that what they cost Minelab.

Chuck

PS That’s business 

Yeah that's what made me wait so long to get one, no coil choice, I'd probably never miss the WM08.  I would have got the 600 but they shorted it in area's i thought senseless. I'm not real active at this hobby but when i do get an opportunity to hit decent ground through my construction work the 800 seems a better choice. P.S. ridge Runner, your killing me?

If theres anything that might kill sales of the Nox 800 it might be the cost of spares and the 1/8 in socket and WM08 . It limits choice of headphones if you dont want to pay over £34 for an adaptor cable . 

I cant believe the price of the WM08 , you pay that much in $ , its around that price in £ here .

As i have 2 Nox 800 i dont have to worry much about spares . I also have 3 pairs of XP backphones which i will check out for tones at some point . If they work well i will use them in the Summer when its hot , dont like sweaty ear holes .

Macro is the same but as for prices for theirs i dont know.  Whats worse with Macro is that for the Kruzer you have to get an adaptor to use any other headphones of any type. I bought the adaptor .

21 hours ago, Ridge Runner said:

Steve

Full price 899.00. Military discount 764.00

Less         259.00.                                259.00

Equal.       640.00.                               505.00

We haven’t subtracted the Bluetooth headphones that also came with the Equinox 800 .

Minelab can ask any price they want but that don’t make it’s worth that. You may have sold it for 37.00 more that what they cost Minelab.

Chuck

PS That’s business 

Actually, I still think the 800 detector itself is WORTH more than the asking price based on its performance compared to other detectors, ridiculous WM08 module prices not withstanding. 

Another (headache inducing) way to look at this is if you subtracted the WM08 and BT headphone prices (Total about $400) from the MAP price of the 800 that would be about $150 LESS than the 600.  Yeah, that makes sense.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nuke em said:

It limits choice of headphones if you dont want to pay over £34 for an adaptor cable . 

You don't have to use the ML adapter cable to adapt 1/4" plugs to the WM08, most any 1/8 to 1/4" pigtail phono adapter (<$5US) will work even with the recessed plug on the WM08.

7 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

You don't have to use the ML adapter cable to adapt 1/4" plugs to the WM08, most any 1/8 to 1/4" pigtail phono adapter (<$5US) will work even with the recessed plug on the WM08.

The biggest problem with what your saying is that the UK is not the US's 51st state . We have £ not $ and most prices for our stuff are near enough the same price but for the different currency sign . 

I have bought a few adaptors from Amazon / Ebay and already 1 has failed . Its a pity the socket on the Nox wasn't 1/4in instead of 1/8in .

Also we dont have any Military discounts but do have VAT "Value Added Tax" which is an EU thing . Sad day when we joined that bunch of c... . And getting out will be a bit painful so prices may even go higher here after we leave . 

19 minutes ago, Nuke em said:

The biggest problem with what your saying is that the UK is not the US's 51st state . We have £ not $ and most prices for our stuff are near enough the same price but for the different currency sign . 

I have bought a few adaptors from Amazon / Ebay and already 1 has failed . Its a pity the socket on the Nox wasn't 1/4in instead of 1/8in .

Also we dont have any Military discounts but do have VAT "Value Added Tax" which is an EU thing . Sad day when we joined that bunch of c... . And getting out will be a bit painful so prices may even go higher here after we leave . 

Understand, the price you were quoting was very high so I thought you were referring to the ML accessory, LOL, not to a generic adapter.  My apologies for the prices, taxes, inferior product quality, incompatible accessories, and euro zone headaches, etc., and didn't in any way mean to suggest the UK should be a 51st state especially since we are ironically doing our annual celebration of our little colonial rebellion today on this side of the pond  while you cheer your football team's victory over Colombia.  Cheers and hope you get some beach hunting in this morning.

• Like 1