Equinox 800 Fanboy/ Man Here, Hello All

Andy2640

Ive frequented this forum many times, especially to view fellow lovers of the foxy-noxy dribble over their new machine.  Im addicted to detecting now, thanks to the many great finds ive had in only 5 weeks use. My list to date:

3 silver coins (1872 Brit/1828 and a shilling)

8 musket balls

18 1900 and 1800 pennies

I ring (medieval i think)

A bronze animal figure

oh and lots of foil, ring pulls and other junk, which has helped me suss out the wheat from the trash via the VDI numbers.

My fave setting so far is:

Park 2 - Discrimination 1 - Recovery 4 - sensitivity 18-20

Hope to bounce some ideas around and learn from you all.  Especially the king of the Nox  and tester - (Steve H)  LOL.   

CHEERS ALL.

Andy (UK)

• Like 3

Welcome, Andy!  Sounds like you are off and running with your Equinox.  You detectorists in the old country have the advantage on us by a couple thousand years of lost valuables, but I guess that means a couple thousand more years of trash, too.  ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Cheers GB for your kind welcome.  Well its a trade off i guess, you guys get the guns, we get more historic sites ?  Saying that though, ive seen some great finds from over the pond!

I had a dream come true last week.  I was given permission to detect at a medieval Hall.  It has a medieval church built in 1055 and has a stream, lake and of course the hall itself.   35 acres in total, and i have free reign over everything except the 2 pristine lawns.  The guy was lovely,  and he and his wife printed me a letter as a guard against fellow occupants.  The hall has been converted you see into 250,000 pound apartments.  So far,  ive found x2 musket balls, x1 silver 1872 coin  -  2 defaced roman coins,  plus - a roman lead traders weight.

Ive perhaps only done 2% of it so far, so im hoping to dig up some more roman coins or god forbid a gold stater coin!

If i figure this forum out ill post some pictures of the site and the finds i make.

Anyways, im really pleased to be on here now, i love to talk detecting and the wife isnt too interested and the dog just wants his dinner.all the time ? 

Cheers GB, Cheers everyone!

• Like 2

51 minutes ago, Andy2640 said:

Ive perhaps only done 2% of it so far, so im hoping to dig up some more roman coins or god forbid a gold stater coin!

If i figure this forum out ill post some pictures of the site and the finds i make.

Anyways, im really pleased to be on here now, i love to talk detecting and the wife isnt too interested and the dog just wants his dinner.all the time ? 

Andy, hope your invitation is long standing because being able to take one's time at such an historic site has to be the way to approach it.  Definitely post pics of your finds (it's pretty easy as even I've shown), despite if they seem modest by British standards. 

My wife is supportive but that's as far as it goes -- she has her own hobbies.  No dogs but the cats couldn't care less as long as I don't bring home any feline competition.  Tomorrow is a US holiday (so as not to rattle you Brits I won't mention which one ?) and I'll be able to get in a few hours before the family reunions, barbecues, fireworks, etc. (and humid heat) commence.  Good fortune in your hunts!

• Thanks 1

Howdy buddy!   Hope you had a good Independence day, no worries i had nowt to do with it all I promise  ? 

Yeah I got free reign for as long as i like (or so it seems).  Ive began using florescent brick line, as to do long sections methodically.  2 metres wide and about 70 ft long to start, as my sweep is about 2m.  So far done 8m by 70m.  Some buttons, another defaced coin yesterday.  I love finding the silver because it holds up better in the ground.  All the bronze is done for, unless its in thick clay.  But im still learning about soil types, metallurgy and the like.

All the best GB.

Andy.

• Like 1

Did England years ago for a week.  Well worth the trip.  Those fields can sure wear you out on those long hunt days.  Welcome to the forum.  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 1