My Equinox Has Drowned! And Waterproof Headphones

Have owned mine for a year a two months.  Have had it underwater before and rinse it in the shower thoroughly after each use.  Went for a hunt in chest deep water and she flooded within 1 minute of hunting.  Looking into the replacement process now.  Wanted to buy the excalibur as well but now I wary about the quality and durability of Minelab's products. 

31 minutes ago, yesiamapirate_ said:

Have owned mine for a year a two months.  Have had it underwater before and rinse it in the shower thoroughly after each use.  Went for a hunt in chest deep water and she flooded within 1 minute of hunting.  Looking into the replacement process now.  Wanted to buy the excalibur as well but now I wary about the quality and durability of Minelab's products. 

Why project the Equinox water issues (a product basically designed for light wading) onto a proven product (Excal) that is designed for dive use and has several years of field use to back up its reputation.  Apples and oranges IMO.  If you want more Excal users to chime in on their take of tge Excal durability, you should post your concern in the general ML forum.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, yesiamapirate_ said:

Have owned mine for a year a two months.

Still under warranty, right?

On 7/13/2019 at 4:18 PM, strick said:

I'm gonna try and drown mine as I'm getting close to the end of my warranty :smile:

strick

Send it back to your friendly dealer and trade it in for a new one.  Now you get 3 more years of worry-free.

• Like 2