Waterproof Headphones For The Nox 800

Hello All-
Looking for some info/advice on some Nox waterproof headphones. Has anybody bought a pair? If so, what pair did you get? How do you like them? My hearing is a bit impaired trying to hear the high conductor signals so I try to get headphones that are a bit loud or have a volume control on the headphones. Any help in this area is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I have the Minelab phones and will stick with them until a third party option appears that everyone agrees is better. So far third party options seem more a gamble than anything. The Minelabs are not loud but at least you can be sure they will work.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

When Gray Ghost version come if they aren't already ? I will buy them , good sound and higher toned . Provided they are given the same inards as the NDT's .

Hi Unearth,

I recently got a pair of Harold’s Headphones. He’s located in Florida. They block out noise great! And seem pretty loud. Hunting the wet sand I have the volume around 20-21. Harold says people dive with his headphones but he’s (I believe) purposely not claiming any depth. There’s also Tony Eisenhower making headphones. See you down at the Pier!

• Like 1

On 7/4/2018 at 12:51 PM, Zac said:

Hi Unearth,

I recently got a pair of Harold’s Headphones. He’s located in Florida. They block out noise great! And seem pretty loud. Hunting the wet sand I have the volume around 20-21. Harold says people dive with his headphones but he’s (I believe) purposely not claiming any depth. There’s also Tony Eisenhower making headphones. See you down at the Pier!

Can do with good headphones , most are bloody awful i have found.

I just picked up a pair of the Minelab (Koss) Waterproof headphones. Haven't had them in the water yet, but initial testing seems ok. Will drop a note here down the road once I've had a chance to get a feel for things. 

Rich (Utah)

40 minutes ago, Zac said:

Hi Unearth,

Zac-

How well do you hear the high conductor signals, i.e.. quarters, dimes, dollar coins, compared to the lower conductor signals, nickels, pull tabs, gold etc.?

I hear ALL the tones perfectly. Your welcome to try them if we’re down at SM Pier at the same time. One example of how much better they are then the stock blue tooth headphones from ML is when you do the frequency thing before hunting. It sounds way different! I can hear the attack,  short sustain, and decay of each ascending note. Compared to the ML where each ascending note just sounds like a blip.