Waterproof Headphones For The Nox 800

At the upper right of the page there is an envelope. Click on the envelope and go from there. Either way, I was wondering where you park when you get there at 5am. The main lot doesn't allow parking until 6am.

Tony makes a good pair of reliable...... i mean waterproof phones with good volume.  Hes method of encasing the speaker doesnt muffle the sound that bad.   He uses a smaller pair of MSA muffs.   Harold uses the larger muff.... like pelters and speaker in lieu of piezos.  He completely seals the phones........no drain holes ect.    I like Harolds for the CTX........ you have to turn the volume down and the speakers are just a richer clearer tone more like land phones.    Id also think finding a tone to suit your hearing in the upper khz would improve what you hear as well.   I sometimes run in 2 tones......having the non-ferrious in a high khz really distinguishes the two targets.   Even 5 tone is better.

• Like 1

I got Tony to make me a pair of Frankenphones based on GG amphibians that were unterminated.  He added a WP Equinox connector plug to them and noticed the dB was pretty low so he put his speakers into the GG's and that raised the dB level considerably.  I also now have a pair of ML WP phones for the Equinox and Tony's are still louder and have better external sound isolation.   Great work by Tony, highly recommended.

• Like 1

Had a guy yesterday on vacation who was using the Nox and we were going over some things.   He had the Ukrainian phones......... i let him try mine.   He really felt ripped off at that point.   Dont discount Harolds here in Fl either.... he uses a high quality cable and speakers.  His are completely sealed........ no drain holes ect.   Which keeps not only the water out........ but all that wind whistle you get on those windy days. 

• 8 months later...

I have 7 different headphones for the 800. Well over 50hrs on each,Im a retired beach guy. It doesn’t take a genius to modify them but I only waisted $$ On the Toney Iesenhower headphones.Right off the bat all the tones sounded terrible! Completely different  & No warranty after they flooded. 

On 4/7/2019 at 8:54 PM, Kit Carson said:

I have 7 different headphones for the 800. Well over 50hrs on each,Im a retired beach guy. It doesn’t take a genius to modify them but I only waisted $$ On the Toney Iesenhower headphones.Right off the bat all the tones sounded terrible! Completely different  & No warranty after they flooded. 

You definitely seem to be in the minority on this opinion of the TE phones' audio and it is the first instance of flooding damage I have heard for them, but thanks for sharing it.  Would be helpful if you let us know which of the other six (!) Equinox compatible headphones that you own besides Tony's you consider to be the best waterproof phones of the lot and why.

LS Pelso WP phones

First of all, I've been using these phones on fresh and saltwater hunts and am very impressed with the sound.  I have not hunted with the phones submerged and would expect the sound to suffer a bit when submerged, but out of the water they are great.

Second, we are vacationing in FL on the Gulf and it's been very windy.  The drain hole on the non-corded side is susceptible to wind noise when that hole catches the wind.  Turning your head a bit helps with that issue as does a small piece of electrical tape which solves it.  The cable tie on the corded side mitigates the wind noise on that side to acceptable levels.

Third, I had applied a liberal coating of sunscreen  to my ears (not thinking about them being covered by the phones ? ).  Big (dumb) mistake.  The sunscreen reacts with the black paint that covers the inner plastic grill piece with the sound holes over the top of the speakers.  Not good.  The sunscreen softens the black paint making a gummy mess where ear contact is made.  A little baby powder firmed up the gumminess and seems to have dried it out.  Bottom line, don't put sunscreen on your ears when using the Pelsos.  The No Ad brand carried by big W label lists dozens of unpronounceable chemical ingredients that should have been a clue.