Regret That I Sold It

I’m sure all have seen lots of Detectors going up for sale. I know myself have put up items that I think I can live without.

I’ve done it sometimes because I needed the money to buy another detector. Like some I sold it thinking I don’t need it because that new one is replacing the old one.

Did I ever regret selling something,why that’s a big time yes. I’m thinking later stup it was paid for and you really didn’t have to sell it.

I’m bad about saying something before putting brain in gear before putting mouth in motion. I have the same problem on selling a item before thinking it out first.

I have a friend when I call his house I tell his wife let me speak to him I need counseling.

I’d say this big problem for all of us is caused by so many new detectors hitting the market within  such a short time.

What can I say so many to buy with so little money.

If any of you be rich I just put myself up for adoption. Like said in the past I have no pride.

Chuck

PS The councilor tells me to buy as many detectors I want. He’s the same way when it comes to guns. My kind of guy!

• Like 4

We all need one or two toys to keep us happy and maybe a few old ones to look at or play with once in a while.  Some people have cars, some have planes and some have boats.  You gotta have something for fun.

Mitchel

• Like 1

Unfortunately I've always been better at buying then selling..but I'm trying to change.

strick

• Haha 1

Strick

I’m good at buying high and selling low. I got one now I may sell that my statement above will be inline with it.

I don’t know why this should be any different than the way it’s been with me and the stock market.

People like you and I are the ones that keep this world turning in the right direction.

Now Strick don’t that make you feel all better?

Chuck

• Like 1

Kiwijw- And I thought I had a problem. You have a museum of detectors!  and you have helped me re think what I believed to be a problem. My list is far shorter then yours. So for now I'll be  keeping the 7000, Gold Monster, 2300, GB 2, Nox 800, CTX 3030, TDI pro (beach detector) Thanks for the therapy...where do I send the check? lol. We just got back from the High Sierras where after 4 days of hard hunting I was able to come up with a little over half of gram of gold.. lol. Makes me want to re think my hobbies...probably could have done better looking for jewelry at parks or beaches...but then again we would have not had the experience camping in a remote area of the beautiful Sierras this summer which is worth more then the Gold itself. Someone once told me (experienced gold hunter) that the 2300 was useless because it would take forever to pay it off digging all those tiny bits of gold.....My response....was that If I wanted to make money I would have stayed home.  Some of my friends that I have made on this site came to visit us on this trip and that is worth all the weight of gold itself.  HH my friend :smile:

strick

• Like 4

I try not to let it get out of control.   I was up to around 10 detectors at one point, now I'm down to 4 + the wifes ETP.   I have a F75 LTD2 and a Racer 2 that I'll likely sell, as I feel that with having the Multi Kruzer and EQ800, their either redundant or completely surpassed by theEQ/MMK machines. 

One aspect I enjoy about this hobby is that once you have "seed stock" in place, it more or less becomes a self funding hobby.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I gave away and sold most of mine Now I am down to 2 plus my 2 vintage Detectors being my new/unused Blue Box Whites 5900Di Pro Plus and an as new Fisher Discriminator VLF 553-D that has died while in it's original bag, Needs work ?

I got rid of most of my machines because I want to make room for a GPX 4500 and an SDC 2300, I was going to buy the ATX but I am not sure about it's Gold getting abilities so that one is on hold.