Over the years, the XP DEUS has continued to evolve, especially with the FREE software updates allowing the user to benefit from our advancing technology without the need to buy a new machine.

XP have been regularly introducing new accessories, such as the MI-6 pin pointer which connects directly to the DEUS, let’s not forget the super light and incredibly stable new HF coils which have taken the Deus to a new level.

This month XP are pleased to announce the upcoming release of 3 new search coils for the DEUS accompanied by a new FREE version 5 update which will also be available soon.

xp-deus-x35-search-coils.jpg
New XP DEUS X35 search coils

The X35 search coils:

Designed around brand new electronic advances, these new high performance and versatile coils will allow you to choose from a wide range of frequencies ranging from 3.7kHz to 27.7kHz. In total there are 35 available frequencies, based around 5 main frequencies that are quickly accessible.

A new Boost mode is now an option on frequencies 3.7Khz to 4.4 kHz  and can significantly increase detection depth on highly conductive targets, such as large masses and large Silver coins. For added performance on such targets we recommend the larger coils such as the 34/28 cm (13” x11”) or the 28cm (11”) round coil. These new coils will be available as options at the same prices as the previous coils from the end of July 2018, and they will be supplied as standard with the DEUS from September 2018.

X35 coil main characteristics: 

• Total of 35 frequencies – 5 main frequencies with 7 wide offsets 3.7 to 4.4kHz, 7.1 to 8.4kHz, 10.5 to 12.4kHz, 15.2 to 17.8kHz, 23.5 to 27.7kHz
  • Selectable frequency offset without loss of performance.
  • TX power adjustment is available on all frequencies and offsets
  • Special Low frequency TX Boost feature:
  • Normal or Boost option – The transmitted power has 2 selectable levels when using frequencies 3.7Khz to 4.4kHz.
  • The BOOST mode significantly increases the transmission power of the transmitting coil, allowing greater detection levels if the soil conditions allow.
  • TX boost is a special mode, the battery life of the coil may be reduced down to 6 hours.
  • The overall battery life of the x35 coil has improved on most frequencies by +10% to +40%
  • High frequencies 23- 27.7kHz – Excellent sensitivity to low conductive targets and small targets.
  • Better overall stability
  • The X35 coils are available in 22cm (9”), 28cm (11”) and 34 / 28cm (13” x11”) and will work with the DEUS in version 5.

Source: http://www.xpmetaldetectors.com/blog-detection/en/update-deus/new-x35-coils-and-deus-v5-update/

XP Deus Information Page

• Like 1

I notice transmit power will be adjustable (selectable)  using lowest frequency band.

About time!! 

• Like 1

Going after that deeeeep silver this time they are. I'm surprised they went in this direction, building on the single selectable platform rather than a multi coil. Maybe it's in the works. 

It seems like different high to low frequency spreads depending on if you are hunting high conductors/large items or low conductors/small items.

Original frequency spread 4 kHz - 18 kHz favors high conductors

9” round HF coil 13 kHz - 59 kHz favors low conductors

9.5” elliptical HF coil 13 kHz - 81 kHz favors low conductors

And now X35 coils 3.7 kHz - 27.7 kHz favors both high and low conductors

Looks to me like the new X35 9” round will be “just right” for many people.

207CE597-51D0-49BA-91AC-9306B33AE493.jpeg

• Like 1

The multi-frequency is consumed by energy-battery consumption there must be X times as much as u1f ..., the important thing in deus V5 update is the possibility of WS4, WS5 to control many detector settings :  

• Reactivity
  • TX Power
  • Automatic Ground Tracking
  • Frequency offset (35 frequencies with the new X35)
  • Iron volume
  • Audio Response

The only thing I wish is that deus would make a Mac download available. I bought a Mac desk top a while ago due to problems with previous windows desk tops. 

strick

On 7/4/2018 at 10:56 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

These new coils will be available as options at the same prices as the previous coils from the end of July 2018, and they will be supplied as standard with the DEUS from September 2018.

Just wanted to highlight this. I would guess there is a pretty good chance the original black coils will be discontinued in favor of these new coils.

Old black coils 4, 8, 12, 18 kHz (four main frequencies)

New black coils  4, 8, 12, 16, 24 kHz (five main frequencies)

xp-deus-x35-search-coils.jpg.a0b47398ba5

Strick and Steve,

You can also run parallels so you don’t have to power down and reboot to windows like you do in boot camp. 

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Similar Content

• By Timmysys
      ⁉️ Which one is better? Has anyone done a comparison test between the two coils for a jewelry hunt in the water? (freshwater or land)
        Both are able to use the same frequency. 28 kHz is very good for detecting gold. When I hunt in the water it is a very useful feature of target ID normalization. On the of LF coil, this was a big advantage. I set the gold range, so I only dug out the signals that belong to it. The HF 9" coil is great, but when I increase the frequency the VDI changes, getting higher and higher. The upper range will become narrower. This makes it difficult to decide whether to dig or not.
      Let's look at an example. A 1.5 g 14K wedding ring is the test object. HF 9 "coil at 14 kHz = ID 50, 28 kHz = ID 65, 56 kHz = ID 79. X35 11 "coil 11.3 kHz = ID 54, 16.4 kHz = ID 54, 25.4 kHz = ID 54! If I use frequency offset these numbers will change a bit.

The general opinion of many people is that the HF coil is the best. I'm not so sure about that. I looked at this idea in terms of the gold jewelry hunt.
    • By Tometusns
      I was showing my orx and deus lite to a friend and he wanted to buy the orx so I sold it and bought the deus controller. He loves the orx (so did I) and now I'm really liking the deus. 
       I've been using 5-G-MAXX and checking each target with 6-DEEP (xy screen)to see the correlation between the two on targets. It takes very little effort to switch back and forth and I think I'm starting to see the difference between good targets and bad ones.(after a LOT of digging) I say lot of digging but I've only been out with it twice.
      Anyways,  after hitting the signal I knew it wasn't a coin but the XY screen said better investigate...glad I did. My first Civil War spur. I think the extra info you get really helps with the dig or not dig decisions we all have to make. Just some thoughts so far using my Deus. Any advice appreciated! Thanks! Tom

• By calabash digger
      I have a suggestion for Deus. Come out with a update that allows you to cut down the iron volume to lower volume than what is on the machine now. To me it is to loud even on low in a carpet of nails for long periods of detecting. Dont get me wrong the Deus is the best iron machine made but it needs a lower setting on the iron volume . A lower iron volume where you can just hear the hum of the iron and a non ferrous would blast above it.

• By Tnsharpshooter
      Alright,
      Thought I would share a few experiences I had today while detecting in the wild.
      A 3 hour hunt with split time between round and elliptical HF coils.
      Made a few finds using both coils.
      I ran the hot program while actually hunting.  But used gold field program to check some targets.  Glad I did too. Payed off.
      Here is pic.

Notice the bracelet with the name on it.  Gent is still a kicking and in his 80s now, bracelet likely lost back in late50s early 60s.  I showed it to his sister actually.
      What about this bracelet portion?
      I hope folks don't laugh here, what I am going to say, but it is true.
      I was when I found this, in the same area where cut Spanish bit and half dime came from back in the summer.  I'll bet I have swung a Deus detector, others too over this bracelet buried over 300 times.  And I heard it likely every time but didn't dig.
      Why?
      Probably the same reason why is the same reason I wouldn't have dug again today except for the mighty gold field program.
      I swept this bracelet (not knowing) with hot program and the signal I got, I would have bet the farm it was relic iron.  A very tight super high short blaring signal.  I actually remember getting this same tone here previously many times before.  Remember this place does infact have old relic iron smaller, medium sized and bigger all over.  
      So in the past I was writing this target off as iron.
      Today after I hit the target, I toggled over to gold field same freq run as my hot program Reactivty 2.5.  When Iistened to this target using gold field, a nice sounding signal smooth on the edges, usually a good giveaway it is infact nonferrous.  And sure enough it was.
      One more target I dug  today I will discuss, and again using gold field gave me some additional Intel to actually recover find.
      The old button in the pic.
      I located it with round HF coil but the tone signature was crippled big time, with multiple tones being had as I swept.  I repeated sweep several times and I would have gave < 15 % chance of nonferrous even existing beneath my coil.  But checking target with gold field even even running 1 level lower (slower) Reactivty (level 2.5) I got more to go on vs the disc mode hot program, meaning now my odds went up to >50 % chance of being nonferous based on what I heard.
      To conclude here.
      I won't BS folks here.
      Using the HF coils running 28.8khz they can be sharper in iron vs the LF coils.  A person will get used to if they apply themselves.  One thing I will mention here and this too is a good weapon (using gold field to check suspect targets) is using disc program sometimes Deus audio will get caught, trying to sound off extremely close to iron range, and a user may be thinking is what I hear nonferrous or is it iron.  When you get these, if you hit them with gold field and you hear nothing, or you hear a signal more corrupt vs what you heard using disc mode program, you can almost bet the farm what you are hearing is iron.  Now this applies moreso to shallow and middepth targets.
      Cheers.
    • By bigtim1973
      I have been forcing my self to use my Deus more here lately. I am finding that I like the Deus very much. For the most part I am using Gold Maxx and deus fast. I have a custom deep program I use as well. 
      What I am getting at is i am not really using as many of the programs and settings. I fiddle between 2 for the most part and some times 3. And that is Deus fast and either gold Maxx or the deep Custom one I made. 
      I have been thinking of selling either my Deus remote set up and keeping the ORX or selling the ORX remote set up.
      I like the ORX for the large easy to see screen and iron probability bar. Plus I only fiddle with the coin programs anyway. 
      I  actually favor the ORX to tell you the truth.  
      They are slightly different animals. And each has their own strong points. But target and depth between the 2 are equal. 
      Who else has the same delima??
    • By Kaolin washer
      Yesterday i wanted to see how the HF coil staked up against the x35 coil in my test garden , I wanted to see how it did on high conductors .  8" dime  7" dime, 6" dime, 7" pull tab, and a 7" cut nail pointed at a 45 degree angle  to make it false good . I used the ,Deep program,   7 disc,  2 reaction speed,  silencer 1, 93 gain,  bumped up the audio volume to 6, and to my amazment it hit all targets good and this at 50KHz I also have to 3" cut nails laying flat at 5" the one has a nickle 1" under it , and the other just the nail . so at the factory pre set of 5.5disc i was getting a high tone on the cut nail and i adjusted up the disc untill it went to a low sound , that was 7 disc but when i went over the cut nail with the nickle under it i got a clear high tone  unmasking the nickle , so i wanted to take it out to the 30,s tar paper shack and see what it could do with an earea i had cleared of brush and went over many times. it was not long i started hitting 22 short shell casings and slugs, and to my great amazment a 1930,s shot shell , could hardly think i had missed it , but it was the 50KHZ was just picking things out in the iron , very pleased with it , i did dig several iron targets one was a fence post nailand a round tarepaper washer, and two pices of flat iron  and at least two nails , but the performance was very noticeable at how good it is at hunting in the iron and still getting reasonable depth