Wny Guy And Girl

Whyme

Hello everyone! My name is Mark and I've been metal detecting on and off since 2007. My first detector was an Ace 250 and I used it at the local parks and found a ton of pull tabs and clad. This little detector gave me the itch! A year or so later I bought a Minelab Explorer SE and found my first silver in the ground, a war nickel. That same year I found my first half dollar a clad JFK. I used that detector for a few years but never found much because I never did research and I was afraid to ask permission to hunt on peoples property. So I put the detector away for years. A couple years ago I got the itch again from watching metal detecting videos on YouTube so I bought a Minelab CTX3030. I still had the Explorer SE and mentioned to my girlfriend if she wanted to try detecting. She used the Explorer SE and we went to the local parks and started to find things. She was hooked! In fact, I created a metal detecting monster! She wanted to detect all the time and asked a ton of people she knows for permission.... and she got permission from everyone she asked! I then started to do research and we started to find good things! For her birthday her 2 boys and I chipped in and bought her an Equinox 600. She loves it! I tried it out and really liked it a lot. The weight was less than the CTX and I was starting to have shoulder problems so I bought an Equinox 800. Boy do I love that machine! So far we have found a silver charm bracelet, some junk jewellery, a silver class ring, over 50 wheat pennies, a Grand Hotel skeleton key for room 156, a crotal bell, mercury dimes, a Barber dime, 2 Barber quarters, a walking liberty half dollar, silver Washington quarters, silver roseys, a ton of clad and zinc pennies, fistfuls of square nails, and a huge amount of junk. Looking forward to finding lots more once this heat wave stops! Oh I forgot to mention my 2 oldest coins I found this year! A 1848 large cent and an 1826 large cent! I found another large cent but it was so worn all I could make out was some of the stars.

• Like 3

• The title was changed to WNY Guy And Girl