More Big Fun With 800

I haven't been out much in the last 2 months due to getting the house ready to sell for a big move to Texas. So, the last couple of days I've had a few hours to finally get out and hit a couple of places that had played out for the most part with the CTX.

I went to the local zoo hoping to score at least a wheat or a Rosie, well, it turned out better than I expected. I sure love the fact I can move right along with Nox rather than crawling with the CTX and cover some serious real estate. Using my trusty 2-tone cherry picking mode I popped out 2 rosies, a merc and a wheaty.  Having big fun lately ?zoo3.thumb.jpg.405717fb17e6bd2c64234525048ddf20.jpg

ZOOFIND2.jpg

zoo2.jpg

ZOOFINDS.jpg

• Like 8

Nice going.

Hi Dan, 

I was wondering, how does the CTX compare with the Nox?  You mentioned it covers more ground, how so buddy?

Im interested cus it was a toss up between the CTX and the Nox, with me choosing the nox.

I am still interested in the CTX you see, cheers!!

41 minutes ago, Andy2640 said:

Hi Dan, 

I was wondering, how does the CTX compare with the Nox?  You mentioned it covers more ground, how so buddy?

Im interested cus it was a toss up between the CTX and the Nox, with me choosing the nox.

I am still interested in the CTX you see, cheers!!

For me...I have to swing at a much slower speed to get the most out of the CTX. The Nox is much more forgiving with a faster sweep speed. I believe I increase my odds of hitting what I'm looking for by covering more ground faster.v

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Dan(NM) said:

For me...I have to swing at a much slower speed to get the most out of the CTX. The Nox is much more forgiving with a faster sweep speed. I believe I increase my odds of hitting what I'm looking for by covering more ground faster.v

Thanks Dan.  If i may, i had another question on my mind.  With the Nox what do you prefer in regards to ground balance method?  Ive read that for most detecting a 0 is ideal. However on 90% of ground i have hit in the UK so far, has been crazy high, like 54, or 70 ish

Then i hear that if i use ground tracking, it slows the machine down some.  What do you use personally?   if you dont mind me asking.

Loving this forum, good to meet you Dan.

Andy (UK).

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Andy2640 said:

Thanks Dan.  If i may, i had another question on my mind.  With the Nox what do you prefer in regards to ground balance method?  Ive read that for most detecting a 0 is ideal. However on 90% of ground i have hit in the UK so far, has been crazy high, like 54, or 70 ish

Then i hear that if i use ground tracking, it slows the machine down some.  What do you use personally?   if you dont mind me asking.

Loving this forum, good to meet you Dan.

Andy (UK).

Hey Andy, greetings!   I did the manual GB at first, but, I really couldn't tell the difference between that and the default. I only run tgh default  setting of 0 now. I'll be moving to a different part of the country next year, so, that may change depending on what I run into.

• Thanks 1

I have not noticed tracking slowing the machine down and I find it hard to believe that considering what it has to do to process the multi IQ signal.  But may do some tests to confirm.  Tracking will not work well if there is not mineralization or salinity changes for it to grab onto.  So even if you have high mineralization, as long as your GB reference is steady there is no need for tracking.  GB is site specific.  Asking users across the globe what they prefer regarding GB defaults needs to be put into perspective with detailed descriptions of the user's local soil conditions.  I detect in mid-Atlantic region of the US - just about every soil condition you can imagine is encountered here because two continental plates smashed together to form the Appalachians.  So I can run with the defaults, in some places, get away with an Auto GB in others, and HAVE to run tracking in others.  Also GB is search profile dependent and you will get different GB numbers ON THE SAME PATCH OF GROUND depending on the search profile mode you have selected when ground balancing.

Just trust what the GB numbers AND YOUR EARS are telling you.  If they deviate significantly from 0, you should GB.  If you are hearing a lot of ground noise in ALL METAL (high minus numbers on the display) then you should ground balance.  The key to Equinox is getting it to run quiet without OVERLY silencing the machine by applying too much filtering (especially iron bias) or too little sensitivity.  Less is more when it comes to Equinox as the default settings are pretty good, but DO adjust them as necessary, in small increments, if you find the machine is chatty due to EMI or ground noise.

• Like 1