Hip Mount / Chest Mount For Fisher Gold Bug 2

I went to Cabelas and bought a binocular harness to chest mount my Gold Bug II. When you bend over, it holds the GB II against your chest and the elastic will stretch so that it does not bind. 

I did the same but use them in conjunction with the Fisher cover on rainy days

My GB2 hip/chest pouch arrived today,kudos to metaldetector.com for actually having these things still in stock !!

Also, got some computer software from Rob Allison called Footprints- for Quartzite,Arizona. Cost $71,kinda expensive, but does show land ownership around Quartzite,BLM land and whether you can camp or not, private claims with some contact info,Indian and military off limits areas, topo or aerial views. Useful to compare this to Google Earth detailed aerials for possible prospecting sites and get gps numbers too BEFORE an actual trip to the area.

Now,if somebody can just tell me how to get a membership with the Quartzite,Arizona Metal Detecting club? Sposed to cost a measly $20 and they have at least 6 gold claims around the area there.

-Tom

Goldbug2FisherPouch,Footprints,Quartzite,Az.JPG

Now, if somebody can just tell me how to get a membership with the Quartzite,Arizona Metal Detecting club? Sposed to cost a measly $20 and they have at least 6 gold claims around the area there.

-Tom

Google answers questions like this quickly and easily http://www.quartzsitemetaldetectingclub.com

I was actually on the club website but couldn't find much in contact info, no phone number anyway, sent the webmaster an email just now, see what happens...

Steve,where did you get that neckstrap for your homebrew GB2 chest mount? Umm, never mind, I searched on Ebay for a wide camera strap and got a slightly used 2 inch Minolta camera strap with the 2 hooks and free ship for 13 bucks.

Found out the Quartzite Metal detecting club HQ is at a place called Miners Depot in Quartzite,Arizona. They have 9 claims, total around 600 acres, cost is a measly 20 bucks a year to join.

-Tom

• Like 1