Second V Nickle In 2 Hunts

Awesome finds...Congrats !!!

I'm on a nickel crusade this year. I'll take the dated buffs & V's over a Rosie or Merc any old day.

Yes, 12-13 (in AM) is the magic number for the nicks. I'm getting more than my share since I set my disc pattern to hone in on them. 

• Like 2

Wow !!!! Date is there one minute, gone the next....crazy!!!

I just love the portrait of the injun in front and buff in back. So so cool looking. My fav for sure.

My last 2 looking like some of the ones you are finding. 

3-20180609_212616.jpg

4-20180609_212658.jpg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Happa54 said:

Wow !!!! Date is there one minute, gone the next....crazy!!!

I just love the portrait of the injun in front and buff in back. So so cool looking. My fav for sure.

My last 2 looking like some of the ones you are finding. 

3-20180609_212616.jpg

4-20180609_212658.jpg

Great digs and I agree with you on the buffalo nickle, they are awesome and it is really cool how you can be pretty confident that you have one when you get that repeatable 12-13. Your buffalo is in excellent condition.

On 7/3/2018 at 8:00 AM, EL NINO77 said:

Very high speed speeds are more Emi sensible- because it is less ground signal -less signal coin -and more Emi signal plus-and very short time for analizing less signal- in this case less recovery help.  To see     for deep signals ,,,but also for very small objects-even in a small depth  this- signal not very clean..its type color-ferous tone.-in very high recovery speed..so gold detectors do not have a super high recovery speed, but only reasonably fast...

9 hours ago, Happa54 said:

Awesome finds...Congrats !!!

I'm on a nickel crusade this year. I'll take the dated buffs & V's over a Rosie or Merc any old day.

Yes, 12-13 (in AM) is the magic number for the nicks. I'm getting more than my share since I set my disc pattern to hone in on them. 

Thanks again and I still don't know how to tweak the disc. I watched videos several times but it still eludes me ? I need to find a fellow nox user nearby to show me how ?

Nice finds, guys!

My goal (posted here, but don't remember the thread) was to find a dated Buffie in the first month after getting my Minelab Equinox.  It's been 4 months now and no dice, but I did get a dateless one.  ?  What I have noticed is how many nickels (mostly Jeffersons) I've been finding this year relative to clad.  This is with the Equinox.  I don't think it's random fluctuations (don't have the numbers in front of me).  For some reason the Eqx loves nickels.  It also loves trash in the nickel range, but that just comes with the coin-hunting territory.  Jewelry hunters are going gaga over the gold rings (in the nickel zone) they are finding.  This seems consistent.

I reprogram my tones and thresholds to give a 23 tone on 12-13 but dig anything which hits in this range 50% of the time, and maybe even less.  I've yet to find a nickel which hits 15 or 10, but spillover to 11's and 14's -- yes.

• Like 1