So Many Waterproof Detectors But I Need Air

We have so many new waterproof detectors but not one comes with a air supply.

That’s what I’m in need of and I want it powered by a battery. I’ve looked at what Keene has to offer but I was hoping someone knew maybe of something at a better price. This is all shallow diving in a river. I could just use a snorkel most of the time and I have that. Knowing this isn’t something one should do alone . If it could supply air for two people would be great.

I just put money out for a new seascooter and it’s made for salt or fresh water but I’d like air too.

Before it’s over with I may have to bite the bullet and buy the one from Keene.

Chuck

F234C234-7BC5-4BAF-9313-37C656B010BB.jpeg

Chuck, 

They make much less expensive hookah systems. The biggest thing make sure you compressor is oil less and run an air filter. I am a commercial diver for a living if you have any diving questions let me know. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Shelton and Ruthless 79

I knew this was the place I could get help and I thank both of you. I’m sure it’s others that will offer their help too.

Shelton

I’m going to take a look at what you posted. It’s just was hoping to buy one and walk out the door complete with it.

Chuck

You should good quality electric pump and battery. Air tank and all connections should be right choosed and mounted. Air tank leaking... also. Next model will be 3D printed.

• Thanks 1

A lot of the Florida boys use a hookah system for diving for warm water lobsters....Might be the way to go. Been thinking if getting certified for diving...one more thing on my list.... Good Hunting...from one Chuck to another!

strick

• Like 1

Strick

I have found that us old guys sit still too long moss starts to grow on us.

I could sit in a rocking chair like so many and die. What I want is when I die I want it to take the guy at the funeral home three days just to get the smile off my face.

Chuck

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi Chuck,

I used the Keene 12V air system a couple times and it worked great. Only real issue is hauling a Deep cycle 12V battery to the water's edge! If I ever get serious about my lake detecting I might invest in another one, but generally I prefer a mask and snorkel.

Keene HydroAir

Steve

I’m looking at the Keene 12 volt air supply system real hard and unless something else comes up I think that will be it. About the only thing that’s still strong is my back but the rest has gone somewhere.

I’ve looked at others but like so many things they say later this year if not the next. I’ve had it with that statement. If not now then I don’t want it and I sure don’t need it.

Thanks Steve for the reply.

Chuck