Welcome to the forum despite your flawed opinions 😂 Maybe you should be more clear in the type of environments you are hunting? Clearly you have not spent enough time on the CTX to learn it's capabilities in hunting trashy parks...and I have a case full of gold rings that can disprove your opinion on how it does on gold... I still have both machines btw

Recent find with the CTX 3030 here in the foothills 

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=6971982402873358&set=gm.4795356893880791

strick

3 hours ago, JJSilver said:

For my detecting needs, there isnt one single instance the ctx outshines the nox 800.

Perfectly stated. For your needs, not others. Would that everyone put it like that. Welcome to the forum. :smile:

I know two guys running CTX 3030 with 17” coils in the UK that absolutely kill it. They get in good physical shape before the trip, are absolute animals, leveraging the big coil, long hours, and backs fortified with Ibuprofen. They make great finds in volumes that I can only envy, not match, with my Equinox 15” coil combo. Sometimes, sheer ground coverage, and a strong back, win the day.

• Like 6

I have and love both. Steve is absolutely correct. They have lock and key abilities. To me, the CTX is better bought gently used, but that’s my philosophy with most things. Let someone else pay $2,500. When they are done admiring it in the corner of a room I come along and buy it for half the price. Of course with $2,500 you get a warranty, but to me I trust my eye and instincts that I’m getting something that would be least likely to need servicing any time soon. You made the right choice in purchasing the 800 first. I bought mine in the same order and don’t regret either purchase. CTX is a lot of fun to use 

• Like 1

Any news on a new Upgraded CTX ???

9 minutes ago, Dig It said:

Any news on a new Upgraded CTX ???

We know they are working on something new, but we just don’t know what. Apparently Tom Dankowski is involved with what will either be a next gen equinox or next gen CTX level multi-IQ variant. Nobody knows what stage it’s in other than probably prototype of its in testing. Nobody knows what features it will have or whether it will have a color display like CTX. I guess the E-trac has been discontinued, but not sure what that says about the next machine. We do know the focus is heavily on ground elimination and silent EMI mitigation. It also sounds like they want to be innovative, considering everything up to smart glasses. This is what I’ve gathered from Dankowski’s forum so far anyway. 

• Like 4