Did a little construction hunting yesterday at one of the locals schools where I live.  It’s truly amazing what happens when the top layer of dirt is removed from an old, hunted out site.  Over the past 20 years this particular site has yielded many different type of coins dated to the late 1800’s.  Some brought both happiness and complete confusions as to why they were at this location but little research revealed the original school was a two story wooden structure and an old home at the same location.  Well anyway, the city decided to build on to the school again and started moving dirt this week and I thought I’d give it a try.   I believe the V nickels might have come from the original school location.  Maybe moved and reburied when the original school was demolished.  All and all a very enjoyable hunt to say the least.  I must admit I've not re-hunted this site since getting my Equinox, but maybe I should.

GEDC0104.JPG

• Like 8

Go back!!! 

In the early 1980's my buddy and I were hanging drywall in Mesa, Az. We came across a school where they were stripping the sod from...we found a bunch of coins on the surface and in the dirt...I have never found another opportunity like that...

fred

• Like 1

Found this at the same site yesterday.

Not sure what it is

GEDC0106.JPG

• Like 1