Equinox Availability Seems Plentiful

I have noticed that most everyone desiring the Equinox must have one by now and even all the website chatter has died down since there is so much info available about the Equinox. I haven't even seen many repair issues recently and I know there will always be some but Minelab does such and awesome job in responding and repairing that no one can complain about the Minelab customer service. 

Once everyone that wanted the Equinox got one there is no more bashing of vendors and Minelab distribution. 

Of course now it's where are the coils. We are now into July and not a whisper of the release date and I suspect Minelab won't release them until they know they will have the 1st wave of those seeking the coils are satisfied. 

1st of all I like the Equinox better than any detector I have owned and I have the confidence when I go out with my Equinox that I will not be taking  back seat to any detector on the market. It's the most versatile detector I have ever used and the easiest to use and set up. I love the tone selection and the all metal button. 

I  had to do it but this morning I was sitting in my truck at the beach and seen a guy detecting so I grabbed my Equinox and hit the beach. He had a Whites MXT and was hitting a penny here and there and I went to where I seen he had been and I walked his exact path and found $1.78 in clad behind him in 20 minutes. I used it in factory Beach 1 mode. He was amazed I found so much behind him but he was swinging his detector like a golf club so unless it was at the bottom of his swing he missed it. He was also about 1' above the ground all the time as well but I never mentioned his swing. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Norm, I counted a dozen 800's for sale on E-bay at $899 shipped last week, so I think your right about the backlog being more less filled. My hope is  Minelab will focus on getting the coils and the accessories to the dealers in short order.

I have to agree about the fun factor using the Nox, I've had either an Etrac or CTX as a back up since Feb. haven't taken either one out on a hunt yet, just didn't feel the need!!

15 hours ago, Chase Goldman said:

Dan(NM) said: "I think your right about the backlog being more less filled..."

Tell that to folks still on the Kellyco waiting list.  Yes it still exists.  :ohmy:   They are just now filling orders from March.

I would have bailed long ago. I bought 4 new 800's since Feb. One for me and 3 for some buddies, they were there to be had if you did a bit of calling around.

I was baffled by the waiting lists over the last few months in the UK.  A certain UK vendor had them coming in every week, and had them sitting on the shelf most weeks, whilst people were still on waiting lists.  No harm in saying it was "Spin a disk metal detectors".  I have no affiliation with them, nor do i wish to advertise for them, but in saying that Carl at the store was very helpful, so i can recommend.  Dont know if ive broken a forum rule mentioning this,   but if so apologies.

So i spoke with detecknicks last week, James i think it was, and he said the 6 inch coils would be arriving anytime now, and the 12x15 inch some time around September/October.

But yeah it seems that cus people paid upfront, they were indeed locked into the sale to some degree, and perhaps couldn't be bothered with the hassle of cancellation.  I got some good advice early on from a great chap - Craig from "Relic hunter wales" off Youtube, whereby he advised this noob (ME)  not to pay upfront if i could help it. Good advice Craig!  He also mentioned 10% off at detecknicks, when mentioning his Youtube channel, so its all gravy!  

Anyways I hope everyone pretty much has their machines now, just got to go find the treasure now, Oh and them darn coils!!  Common Minelab, pull ye finger out ? 

Andy.

At 1st I paid up front and was even going to going to buy a CTX as a carrot to get in on the 1st delivery and when he had received his 2nd shipment and told me I was 17 on his list I canceled and my credit card was reimbursed and found one online in two days. I searched every minelab dealer in the USA and that was back in March. I think I took delivery March 7th. 

I am very impatient when someone has my money and can't deliver. As soon as I got my Equinox I forgot about ever buying a CTX and even gave my Etrac to my grandson

Like many people I too am anxiously awaiting the 6" coil release. 

Dealer loyalty went out the window with the Equinox but there are many people that remain loyal to a dealer think their dealer treats them special. Customer loyalty didn't mean much when it came to the Equinox either. I know of three dealers I won't buy from again. I am doing business with really small dealer and I am on his prefered customer list. He only has 5 prefered customers and everyone else is 1st come 1st serve. He don't require payment up front either. He has five 6" coils ordered and will notify me when he gets them.  It's a part time business he runs from his house and has a very small customer base. 

Heck I am not brand loyal either. I have had Garrett and White's detectors.