How Many Holes Can You Dig In A Day! A Crazy Day

I use 5 tones on both. I use the stock coil on the Deus. I used the HF coils for a while but I found in town with trash the HF coils just amplify the trash and nails to higher numbers. The HF coils are useful out in a field to pick up tiny bits but not useful in town parks. Too sensitive

Is there any detector that will sound differently on a gold ring that rings up at say 14 on the nox and a pulltab that rings up at 14.  I'm fairly new to detecting (2 years) and can't discern any difference in the sound of a gold ring and pulltab that comes in at the same disc on my fisher F70, multiple tesoros or the nox.

If you think the HF coils on the Deus are too sensitive, I now can see why you are having issues with the Equinox.  I put the HF coil on my Deus last summer and have not used an LF coil since for anything  (dry beach, park, and relic hunting).  I also use different tones (5-tones, full tones, and pitch) and have given up on the Deus TIDs (and Equinox TIDs), frankly, as anything more than a guide, as I use the audio (including ferrous tones) to help me discriminate what is in the ground. The Equinox was a natural transition for me coming from the Deus and I have found many experienced and successful Deus users have the same experience.  I am surprised you are finding a "quiet" Equinox program like Park 1 is not meeting your needs for park hunting.  I can definitely tell the difference between a penny and gold ring with that program whether I am in 5 tones or 50 tones and nails may occasionally ring up high but their telltale ferrous tones (with a push of the horseshoe button), bouncy TIDs and flutey tones (in 50 tones) or lack of repeatable signals from 90-degree swings often give them away (same with bottlecaps which also sound "softer" than coins).  Pull tabs are pull tabs and are someone's eternally cruel joke played on detectorists.  I suspect that you rely more heavily on TID number than tone to make dig decisions on the Deus and that could be the reason why the Equinox is not floating your boat.  At least you are getting it done with the Deus.  The latest shiny new toy is no necessarily everyone's cup of tea, and there is nothing wrong with that.  Mastering the audio is the key to both the Deus and Equinox, from my experience.

[Andy - I apologize for hijacking your thread, if you can't dig a billion holes for fear of ruining the landscaping then you are just going to have to play the odds on the iffy signals.]

I am using the NOX exclusively since I got it. I will be using the NOX today, on my way out to a new site today, I keep plugging away and trying new things.

Guess my point is just I have not seen anything special with the NOX yet other than being waterproof. But I have not given up yet. Hoping something will click with me at some point. I do look at the TID but also listen to the tones. Anything that is a consistent repeatable tone I dig

I can say I wasn't enamored with it off the bat with test runs in my yard and a couple of park runs.  Mainly because it was different and it was hard to differentiate targets at first.   Took it to a beach park off season and things were different (probably because beach mode is so quiet).  Snagged some targets on the dry sand and then some extremely deep nickels and quarters on the wet sand and tide (where I couldn't even reliably run my Deus) and things started clicking.  I think it was good that I was using it in a low iron target environment.  Got used to some of the target interrogations tools and tricks (all metal to determine ferrous/non-ferrous mixed targets, pinpointer to determine depth and target size, understanding better how ground balance affects this machine) and most importantly, understanding what the tones were telling me.  Not just pitch which emulates VDI but tone stability, sharpness, and quality which enable you to sort of get a mental picture of the target (e,g., coin vs. can can slaw), especially at 50 tones.  Just as with the Deus it started to just click on the audio and I started killing it on the relics this spring with several bucket listers.  Truth be told, I am sure many of these targets would have been snagged by the Deus too but would probably take multiple passes with different Deus frequencies due to the range of conductivity associated with the targets..  However, MultiIQ, I feel,  gives me an edge in that I can basically use a single search profile to scour a site since I am covering the gamut as far as frequencies are concerned.  I think that gives me an edge in time and coverage.

Glad you haven't given up.  If the audio clicks (especially if you can get used to 50 tones) eventually it might change the whole game with the Equinox and possibly even in the way you use the Deus.  Good luck and keep plugging away.