Accidental Find In Middle Of Nowhere

At two feet I would have been counting my chickens and gold would have been hard to put out of my mind!!!!  GaryC/Oregon Coast

• Like 1

Last time I was detecting in the Nevada desert last December (that's way too long ago!!!) there were some fighter jets playing war games screaming close by overhead.  I heard the loudest explosion I've ever experienced out there, you felt it reverberate through your body.  No idea what it was, couldn't see it, but it had to be a whopper.  

6 hours ago, Cal_Cobra said:

I heard the loudest explosion I've ever experienced out there, you felt it reverberate through your body.  No idea what it was, couldn't see it, but it had to be a whopper.

Sonic boom?

Wow. Hours of silence then a signal that strong! I'd have been digging as furiously and grunting like Tuco in the Good, Bad and Ugly!  I'm surprised to read the ATX trumps the 7000 on hot rock rule out. That's good to know

• Like 1

I have always wondered about some of you guys looking for gold, wandering around for miles if you've ever come across some cool stuff that wasn't gold like small caches, guns etc. Anyone else have any stories similar? I would love to hear them

9 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Sonic boom?

I don't think so.  It's been a while since I heard a sonic boom, but this was more like a bomb or some kind of explosion.  It was so loud that I dang near did the duck and cover maneuver.    You experience some odd things in the desert from time to time ?

I have the same wonderings and also enjoy reading/ listening to the experiences/ stories from others. I have been into prospecting for most of my 56 years but have only been into detecting for a year, so have limited experiences. All of mine are close calls rather than cool finds lol

Still.... something to put behind your glass display with all the other cool things. You are "digging history, one piece at a time".

Congrats on that find.