Any Thoughts On New GPZ Harness And Swing Arm?

flakmagnet

Has anyone had any experience with the bungie, J-bar set-up on the 7000?
I have used a Hipstick for many years and am curious to know if the new ML setup is similar.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Flak if you ask ChrisP it is...it is certainly a very similar idea...

I find the material Minelab and Doc use for there harness equipment is too hot for me. I might as well slip into a plastic coat...no good.

Even when/if I get the gpz I expect to use my old harness that I modified and the HIPstick...one of prospecting's best inventions!

PS; how is your daughter doing?

fred

Flak,

Hey like Fred ask, how is your Daughter doing!

I purchased the Pro Swing 45 a few weeks back. My old harnesses were killing my shoulder for desert prospecting without frequent stops to dig targets. The J-Bar needs to be adjusted to your size as well as snugging up all the straps. The problem, I'm currently facing with the Pro Swing is that now the pain has shifted from my shoulder to my neck! I'm sure it need to re-ajust something, but have yet to find what to adjust? I haven't tryed it yet with the HipStick and this may relieve the strain to my neck? The Pro Swing is well made and like Fred is saying it may be to hot this Summer to carry the heavy GPZ. We might have to glue some of them swivel wheels to the bottom of the coil...lol

Take care Flak

Rick

I have a Pro-swing. Every time I hunker down to get the target out of the spoils pile the j-bar pulls apart (becomes two pieces) for some reason. For the life of me I can not figure out why? Any suggestions

Thanks guys, for the harness info

About my daughter.

I am sitting in her gym as I write this while she and her other five USA Sr. Group team members

are finishing up a five hour training session with their Russian choreographer who has just

flown over to check on them.

They leave for their first World Cup Competitions of the year on March 16th for a month overseas in 

France, Portugal and Italy, doing their homework by email. It's been a crazy few years…

Natalie is in the middle on the lower row.

post-614-0-31113300-1425091489_thumb.jpg

Thank you for asking…

• Like 4

Hey Flak,

I used the Swing Arm that came on the GPZ 7000 today, but not the harness (Pro-Swing that comes with it). The Swing Arm works ok, but you still need to suspend the weight a bit in my opinion. After 2-3 hours of lifting, twisting and such, the GPZ 7000 can become heavy.

That being said, you don't realize the weight when you're digging gold though .... go figure!

Hi Rob, 

It certainly seems as though a Hipstick-like device will be needed.

Seven pounds is a pretty hefty load for hours of detecting.

The 5000 was a couple of pounds lighter hanging off a Hipstick, but then again

the battery had to be carried somewhere too.

As you said, it probably gets lighter with each nugget found.

Lucky, the qualification process for Rhythmic Gymnastics to get into the Olympics is complex.

The girls passed the first qualification last September in the World Championships. There you had to place

in the top 24 teams in the world rankings to qualify for the first step. They came in 14th.

Next World Championships only the top 24 teams can compete and of them the top 12 teams move on

to be Olympic Qualified. It is a scary process. I think the girls have an outside chance if they keep their injuries to a minimum and stay in good health. The level of training is hard to fathom. They train six days a week, year around, with double practices during the summer or any other holidays where they are not traveling. This is Natalie's eleventh year in Rhythmic Gymnastics.

Cross your fingers and thanks for your interest.

Look forward to seeing you guys one of these days…

Flak,

Robin and I, love watching Gymnastic's and will follow the Girls. It is a grueling sport of endless practice and routine. There is plenty of gold left when you get the time, just drop one of us a note for a swing on a patch or two!

Best wishes! Go Team USA!

Rick