I'm Glad That I Didn't Sell It

I was one of the first people to get an Equinox 800 when they came out earlier this year.  It has been a lot of fun and I have found some of my best beach finds with it. (A gold chain and silver ring.)  I've even found 2 little nuggets and an attractive specimen.

Until today I put my 3030 in mothballs for the right time and I'm here to tell you that the 3030/17 is a great beach detector for my area of Southern California.  It covers a large area and it goes deep.  It goes deeper on average than the 800.  I doubt that would be the case if the 800 gets a larger coil but for now my 3030/17 setup with a hipstick (weightless) can out hunt the 800.  I did learn a few things about signal sounds from the 800 that helped me find a little chain today so the 3030 can hunt.

We all know the 800 is a great all around detector and I think it is going to beat a 3030 in a park, field or trashy area where you need a faster detector to unmask a good target.  It will be my backup to the 7000 for finding gold because it is light and fun.  It is not going to out do the 7000.

My wife can use the 800 on the beach any time she wants and I won't feel like I have to buy a 600 or an 800 if I go with her.

So, I'm glad I didn't sell my 3030 and my 7000.

Mitchel

• Like 5

Simon,

Actually that is what the 800 attempts to do and it does it pretty good.  As you say, we can always find a specific setup from our past or possibly in the present/future that we like more.  

My wife was fond of  the SE Pro and so was I. (It ignores EMI but maybe it is not that sensitive or fast?)  She misses using it with the bungee that would pin it to her hip when she digs and it didn't float away.  Ah, a wave began a slow ruin of that machine.  The same can't happen with the 800.  We need to set up a bungee for it when Curtis starts going to the beach more.

Mitchel

Glad you held on to it Mitchel, the 3030 is a good machine. I sold my 3030 to buy 2 Equinox 800 machines. I have found twice as much with the Nox, than I did with my 3030. Especially in high trash areas, old mining camps, where I could not run the 3030, with all the trash / iron. I also love how much the NOX is so much lighter...

Dave

• Like 5

Dave,

I've seen some of your results at Holbrook and you live in an area that makes it ideal for the 800.

I'm not going to sell the one I've got.

Mitchel

• Like 1

19 hours ago, mn90403 said:

I was one of the first people to get an Equinox 800 when they came out earlier this year.  It has been a lot of fun and I have found some of my best beach finds with it. (A gold chain and silver ring.)  I've even found 2 little nuggets and an attractive specimen.

Until today I put my 3030 in mothballs for the right time and I'm here to tell you that the 3030/17 is a great beach detector for my area of Southern California.  It covers a large area and it goes deep.  It goes deeper on average than the 800.  I doubt that would be the case if the 800 gets a larger coil but for now my 3030/17 setup with a hipstick (weightless) can out hunt the 800.  I did learn a few things about signal sounds from the 800 that helped me find a little chain today so the 3030 can hunt.

We all know the 800 is a great all around detector and I think it is going to beat a 3030 in a park, field or trashy area where you need a faster detector to unmask a good target.  It will be my backup to the 7000 for finding gold because it is light and fun.  It is not going to out do the 7000.

My wife can use the 800 on the beach any time she wants and I won't feel like I have to buy a 600 or an 800 if I go with her.

So, I'm glad I didn't sell my 3030 and my 7000.

Mitchel

Sell a 7000 would not have been a good idea. Glad you kept it. The time to sell a 7000 is when Steve does lol. Means something is coming down the pipe. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1