White’s Please Remove Gag Order On Goldmaster 24K

On 7/11/2018 at 4:46 PM, johnedoe said:

Here is the response from the moderator and his response.....

So, whatever... I think they are still reeling a little from the MX Sport and the early problems they had with it's release.

The info you posted is "Dealer Only" and should not be released until 1 August. Some dealers and other sites don't honor the dealer agreement and "pre-announce" a new product. If something should change before the actual release date, it just causes problems.

Thanks for understanding.

I am still a White's guy and I really don't visit their forum that much so no sweat, It doesn't change my opinion of their detectors. I will continue to own White's... They do what I need done and do it very well.         :whites:

The video is publicly posted on YouTube. That means it has been released for general viewing by the public. I am also not a dealer, which makes that moderator response total nonsense. Maybe dealers can’t comment but everyone else sure can.

All companies know that telling dealers anything is going to leak. That being the case telling dealers is in effect a controlled leak because companies know dealers as a group can’t keep a secret.

I used to post on the official White’s forum just to help people with Whites products but got ran off for posting about the White’s Sierra Super Track. Not a White’s detector I was told, violation of the rules. That did it for me. The last place to go for the latest information on new Whites detectors is the “official” Whites forum.

However, this is a White’s forum also. I think good feedback is important and you guys are doing a good job at keeping it clean. Please keep doing so. Tom at Whites has been trying hard to improve things and the goal is to help him help us.

There are testers for the Goldmaster 24K and at some point we will hear from them. I was not one but that is not White’s fault. I have been busy on other stuff.

• Like 4

• 3 months later...
On 7/12/2018 at 9:14 AM, Steve Herschbach said:

The video is publicly posted on YouTube. That means it has been released for general viewing by the public. I am also not a dealer, which makes that moderator response total nonsense. Maybe dealers can’t comment but everyone else sure can.

All companies know that telling dealers anything is going to leak. That being the case telling dealers is in effect a controlled leak because companies know dealers as a group can’t keep a secret.

I used to post on the official White’s forum just to help people with Whites products but got ran off for posting about the White’s Sierra Super Track. Not a White’s detector I was told, violation of the rules. That did it for me. The last place to go for the latest information on new Whites detectors is the “official” Whites forum.

However, this is a White’s forum also. I think good feedback is important and you guys are doing a good job at keeping it clean. Please keep doing so. Tom at Whites has been trying hard to improve things and the goal is to help him help us.

There are testers for the Goldmaster 24K and at some point we will hear from them. I was not one but that is not White’s fault. I have been busy on other stuff.

White's says Sierra Super Trak is not a White's detector?  Now that's funny :)--given that you can buy it direct from White's web site (at the now bargain price of $289.95). 

https://www.whiteselectronics.com/product/sierra-gold-trac/

As stated by White's, "Similar to GMT but stripped down for ease of use and lower cost."

White's apparently prefers folks to buy the full-fledged GMT (at a lot more). I was actually considering the SST, which seems impossible to beat for the price, but now am thinking I should probably go with more up-do-date features (and maybe better tracking) and get either the Goldmaster 24k or Goldmonster 1000.

It was not White’s saying it but the White’s forum moderater. At the time it seemed Kellyco had more sway over the forum and the SST was made for sale only in the Jimmy Siera distribution network. Therefore Jimmy was “competing” with the dealers who were outside his distribution network, and those people were controlling the forum at that time. Steve Howard, good guy that he is, stepped in and corrected the situation but by that time I was irritated enough I left that forum. The rules have been loosened up since.