14 Khz Makro Kruzer

Makro has quietly released a third waterproof Kruzer model. First, there was the Makro Multi Kruzer, a selectable frequency detector that lets you choose between 5 kHz, 14 kHz, and 19 kHz for $749 with one coil.

Next up was the Makro Gold Kruzer, a jewelry and gold nugget running at 61 kHz for $749 with two coils.

And finally we get the Makro Kruzer, waterproof to 15 feet and running at a dedicated 14 khz, $649 with one coil. Available now at select dealers.

For a savings of $100 compared to the Multi Kruzer it seems to me most people would spend the extra $100. This looks more like a way to match up closer in price with other 13 - 14 - 15 kHz single frequency detectors on the market. 14 khz has long been a proven frequency for a "do everything" metal detector model. The Makro Kruzer at 14 kHz, waterproof to 15 feet, built in rechargeable LiPo battery, firmware update capability, and included wireless headphones is an excellent all around value. I suspect the Gold Kruzer will be replacing the Makro Gold Racer eventually, and the 14 kHz Kruzer will likely replace the Makro Racer 2.

makro-kruzer-14-khz-single-frequency-waterproof-metal-detector.jpg
14 khz Makro Kruzer metal detector waterproof to 15 feet

makro-kruzer-14-khz-single-frequency-waterproof-metal-detector-specifications.jpg
Makro Kruzer 14 khz specifications

Official Makro Kruzer Page

Makro Kruzer Color Brochure

Makro Kruzer User Manual

• Like 2

I cant help thinking its to Macro what the Nox 600 is to Minelab . Not quite the complete package . 

If i had the choice i would only go for the Multi .

13 hours ago, Nuke em said:

I cant help thinking its to Macro what the Nox 600 is to Minelab . Not quite the complete package . 

If i had the choice i would only go for the Multi .

I would probably, actually have been thinking about it quite a bit, get this as a backup to the 800.  14Khz with gen and deep modes for my fresh water hunting.  The "bar" I have been hunting has recently had the sand move big time.  As you can see from my posts on the jewelry forum, mens bands are my big game target and I need something that will punch deep on them, again 14 Khz may just hit the sweet spot for low mineral quartz sand bottoms.

IMG_20180710_100724443.thumb.jpg.45a90798910948cd4bd79dcd4218ae52.jpg

1438947694_62914K.jpg.232ae412d7aa6a67b9de430c03bd5771.jpg

• Like 1

Aside from being waterproof one of the reasons its on my gotta have it list is the availability of the 7" round concentric coil which is IMO a perfect general use size.

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure about US, but the Kruzer and Multi Kruzer were released at the same time as far as I know.

The two units are identical aside from the extra two frequency options on the Multi. In Australia, you basically are paying $200 extra for the 2 x extra frequencies. The 14 kHz does a great job as an all-rounder, and at $925 (aussie dollars) the single frequency Kruzer represents great bang for the buck. 

But for the more serious, the other frequencies in the Multi do offer a few advantages:

5 kHz can gain 1-2 inches on our silver pre-decimal coins

5 kHz is also a lot less sensitive to tiny foil, which can be a nuisance in many parks

19 kHz is slightly more sensitive to small jewellery, and noticeably more responsive to small gold

19 kHz also seems to handle mineralisation a little better compared to 14. 

Yes Jackpine, one of the great things about Nokta/Makro is when they release a new machine, there is a suite of optional coils available, and Mars have some other sizes available too. 

• Like 2

When I saw the Makro Kruzer at 14 kHz I had an almost visceral reaction that a unit like this is exactly what Tesoro should have released a couple of years ago.  That would have made them more relevant with current technology and got some market attention for them. 

On 8/1/2018 at 6:48 AM, PhaseTech said:

Not sure about US, but the Kruzer and Multi Kruzer were released at the same time as far as I know.

Hi Nenad,

That might be the case but since there appears to be very little posted about this model I decided to give it a little love is all. The timing is immaterial. My comment about most people probably opting for the Multi Kruzer is not meant as a put down of the 14 kHz model but just my guess at what most people would probably do. The fact is I think Makro is putting out great units at attractive prices and the 14 kHz model should not be overlooked by those in the market for a detector of this type. Which again is why I posted about it while it goes unmentioned on most other Makro related forums.

• Like 1

I bought the Multi Kruzer but I could have been just as happy with the 14 kHz Kruzer. It's seldom that I ever switch off 14 kHz on mine. Total opposite from the Nox. With the Nox IMHO it's crazy not to go with the 800 over the 600. The 800 offers so many additional features. The Kruzer is an outstanding buy for it's features, function, and performance.

• Like 2