Hand Held GPS

You're welcome, Watermain ...

One more thing to share -- regardless of what you get, affix a good quality (not cheap, easily opened) carabiner and attach it to a heavy duty zinger (small devices that have a retractable coated wire inside, which clip, via safety pin, to a coat/ vest/ backpack ... fly fishers use these for their hemostats, hook sharpeners and other tools, so are found in any fishing tackle retailer that sells fly fishing gear, and are dirt cheap as in maybe $3 if that. But the heavy duty ones are better and have longer wires. Those are about $11 at the most.

This way, you reach for and grab your GPS unit then can just let go, not have to bother to cram it in a pocket, nor ever worry about leaving it behind, or where the hell you put it ... I also have this system for the pinpointer to prevent the same thing.

The flaw on these zingers is the safety pin, they tend to be way too cheap/ easily detached pins, yet is the critical link in the chain! So what I do after taking it out of the package, is snip it off with needlenose wire cutters, then using a "glue gun" I affix a large heavy duty safety pin such as those used to hold a toddler's diaper together, they're about 2 inches long and won't come unattached accidentally, ever. The glue sticks used in a glue gun will solidify quickly too and are strong bonds. These are sold in crafts stores; one of the most versatile and nifty tools to have on hand at home btw, lots of uses for them ... also very inexpensive, maybe $7 at most.

Have fun out there!