I Really Like The Equinox :-)

Hello there Foreverteachable, Good to meet ya,

Some nice finds there matey, I always love the silver ? 

You raise a good point about the sensitivity on the nox.  I was wondering whether lower sens has a negative effect on depth.  I try and run it as high as possible, but never seem to get past 20 or 21 without naughty behaviour from her.

Anyways, nice pictures, nice finds and long may it continue.

Andy.

21 minutes ago, Andy2640 said:

You raise a good point about the sensitivity on the nox.  I was wondering whether lower sens has a negative effect on depth.  I try and run it as high as possible, but never seem to get past 20 or 21 without naughty behaviour from her.

Andy.

Thanks Andy and nice to meet you too! 

• Thanks 1

I am really liking the Equinox also. Although I still have a few other detectors it looks like the only two getting any real use by me this year are the GPZ 7000 and Equinox 800. And if I had to live without one of those it would be the GPZ 7000. I could use nothing but an Equinox 800 for the rest of my life and be relatively content. It's been a fun ride from 1972 White's Coinmaster 4 to Equinox 800 but I finally found one detector that does everything well enough to suit me at least in the "if I could only own just one" category.

• Like 5

Different strokes for different folks. The Equinox does not suit everyone nor should it. We all have a list of things we want a detector to do and the Equinox hits my short list for a detector that can do everything at least halfway well. When people have specific needs specific detectors can have an edge. Try and put it all in one package however and things get more interesting.

Minelab needs no help from me. There is nothing like Equinox for the money. Not even close. Deflecting away to detectors that cost twice as much or more is not comparing apples to apples, and people are smart enough to know it.

• Like 2

Steve I I'm grateful that I got back into detecting when I did at a time when you can get such a great detector at a reasonable price and then on top of that there was a military discount. Even better was the fact that a month before I bought the Equinox A friend gave me his old AT Pro, which is an amazing Detector by itself especially in Iron infested Cellar hole sites. I too don't ever see myself needing another metal detector.

4 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

I am really liking the Equinox also. Although I still have a few other detectors it looks like the only two getting any real use by me this year are the GPZ 7000 and Equinox 800. And if I had to live without one of those it would be the GPZ 7000. I could use nothing but an Equinox 800 for the rest of my life and be relatively content. It's been a fun ride from 1972 White's Coinmaster 4 to Equinox 800 but I finally found one detector that does everything well enough to suit me at least in the "if I could only own just one" category.

Well I'm kind of in the same position.  But I actually have three detectors that I use.  The F75, White's TDI SL and the Equinox 800.  Not used the F75 or the SL for over 4 months.  I too, if I had to only use one it would be the Equinox for sure. 

24 minutes ago, Mark Gillespie said:

Well I'm kind of in the same position.  But I actually have three detectors that I use.  The F75, White's TDI SL and the Equinox 800.  Not used the F75 or the SL for over 4 months.  I too, if I had to only use one it would be the Equinox for sure. 

I hear you there mark  my goal was to  purchase an F75 with DST and find  a whites idx pro for a decent price since I always loved the classic whites detectors but now I'm all set since the 80 Pro my buddy gave me has the small coil and the equinox just seems to clean up the coins in Parks and now I know it works great in the woods and in fields too. I just feel bad my Troy Shadow X5 doesn't get used much anymore

9 hours ago, Andy2640 said:

Andy.

Thanks Andy and nice to meet you too! 

• Thanks 1

You have been killing it FT.  It's been fun reading all the details that you put into your posts.

I feel the same with respect to the Nox. Great machine !!!

• Thanks 1

I can only echo everyone so far that has commented on this topic. I have had many detectors in the past 10 years that I thought would fit my needs especially the Minelab Xterra 705 and Teknetics G2+. I really liked the G2+ but it was just too "hot" for my area and I could not solve the high ground mineralization-high iron content-mid to deep  target recovery equation. There was just too much noise for me to sort through. The Xterra was a fine detector that just never clicked with me. Unless I was in prospecting mode I always felt like it was too quiet and left me wondering what was under the coil. I was afraid that the Equinox would also be a bit of a mystery too. I guess my long experience with the Xterra made the transition to the Equinox easier since the 600 and 800 immediately challenged me but rewarded me too with many great finds and after about 10 hours of using them their tones started to really make sense. I have just begun to explore all of the other modes. I made myself stay in Park 1 for at least 40 hours without trying out other modes so I could gain confidence in the Equinox's and my capabilities. What a fantastic pair of detectors!!!

• Like 1