Follow The Monster

It would be noce to see what a days work would produce? Maybe since it's so remote you could stash the drywasher there so you don't have to haul it in and out?

Very nice gold for an hour and a half!

• Like 1

Nice showing of gold Peg - nice to see the “summer crew” like you back and posting also!

Those little puffers do a far better job a recovering gold than I would have given them credit for. There certainly is a very good chance that more gold remains any place a detector has success that is too small / too deep to detect and a little rig that that could be just the ticket for many people.

• Like 1

Thanks for the comments guys! 

JW: I can’t believe we haven’t found a Chinese coin either! As much as we’re stomping around out there....both of us in places that they mined, and in my case, the Chinese were all over the Boise Basin.

Matt: Great minds think alike! I found an old metal barrel in between rock piles and struggled to get it to my site....turned over on its side it makes a great storage container! A bit of camouflage with sagebrush etc, and I’m set ? In the meantime, I’ve also been working on clearing brush, downed trees, etc along an old game trail....all I need to do now is level out some old timer handstackings and I’ll be able to get the side x side in. This prospecting stuff sure beats a gym workout lol!

Steve: thanks! Yes the little Thompson puffer does a great job! Someday I’d like to take the tailings down to some water and run them, just to see if it’s missing much though. I think Chris Ralph did a test like that a while back and was surprised at how well the puffer did, if memory serves me right.

6 minutes ago, Nevada Brian said:

Hi Peg, i bet there is more gold under those rock piles ?

That’s what I do up here....look for the handstackings on the benches well above the creek, work what’s exposed, then start moving rock! Keeps this old gal in shape lol!