Scooped This One Up This Morning

My first class ring of the year.  I contacted a Nephew that happens to teach at the school and we will get it returned to one happy (and lucky) young lady.

394583182_IMG_20180709_130926022(2).thumb.jpg.1d93dc8ef5e8c35f5824a60db4d0c078.jpg

• Like 6

Good job Tom - looks like you are getting out daily.

I have a couple class rings to track down. Basic internet searches have come up dry. Now we have a new problem developing - schools are less likely to help track people down these days for various privacy reasons.

Thats cool. I still have yet to find a class ring.. of course you have to hunt to actually find one lol and I've not been out in a while. I bought my son and his girl class rings for their graduation.. Knowing that people like you are out there to return them if they ever became lost is gratifying. 

strick

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Steve Herschbach said:

Good job Tom - looks like you are getting out daily.

I have a couple class rings to track down. Basic internet searches have come up dry. Now we have a new problem developing - schools are less likely to help track people down these days for various privacy reasons.

There are still a lot of ways to return em.  On one I called the postmaster of the town shown on the ring and although the family had moved he had their forwarding address.  So I sent the ring to him with the promise he would send it on and some time later got a nice hand made thank you card from the girl. 

But you are right personal info is harder to get out of any source now.  I have to tell this one as it is how it :"used to be". 

Took me a couple years to find the school web site "Notre Dame Preparatory school".  Went to the alumni page and the girls email address was actually listed on the site.  It was her college email address and after a couple of exchanges the ring was on the way.

If it's a local school I usually just go there and get with someone in charge with the promise it will be given back.  Never have had a problem after explaining how it came to be found as swimming in the lakes around here is the big summer time activity and rings get lost so easily.

Tom

• Like 1