Official Minelab Headphone Adapter Dongle For Equinox

These are available at some dealers now. Headphone Adaptor Cable 3.5mm (1/8-inch) to 6.35mm (1/4-inch) Part No. 3011-0369 $40.00

minelab-equinox-18-14-headphone-adapter-cable.jpg

Minelab Equinox 1/8" male waterproof connection to 1/4" female non-waterproof connection

I plan on wading a lot with the Equinox and this creates a waterproof connection to the detector itself. The cable is two feet long and reaches just about to my shoulder. Main gripe - the straight connection once it makes that 180 degree bend gives up some length. To prevent stress from pulling on this constantly the cable should be affixed to the detector itself so the cable does not get stressed repeatedly where it makes the bend.

This is a good solution for people who want to hunt in the water but do not need to put their head in the water, and so who do not need the waterproof headphones. The cable also mates directly to the WM08 module for those who wish to use it for that purpose.

Minelab Equinox Parts & Accessories Page

Do be aware there is a compatibility issue as regards the Equinox external speaker. If headphones and adapters are not wired correctly the speaker will keep going even with headphones plugged in. Here is the Minelab article on the subject. As far as I know this applies to the CTX 3030, GPZ 7000, Gold Monster 1000, and both Equinox models. I use Sun Ray Pro Gold (CTX version) headphones which are wired to work properly with the Minelab units.

minelab-ctx-gpz-wireless-module-headphone-wiring-page-2.jpg
Minelab headphone wiring diagram

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Steve thanks for posting the info, I am a confused however on the length, is it 24" or 31"?  At any rate you have given me the push to get one for wading so I can use my favorites phones.

That is uncanny, this is what Joan Allen sell, for around 40.00 pounds.  I only just mentioned this on another thread, and low and behold, i just seen this, LOL.  Joan Allen dont have it on their website, but they do have them in stock.  Spoke to them today ? 

EDIT:  Joan Allen UK now have them on their website.

58 minutes ago, Jackpine said:

Steve thanks for posting the info, I am a confused however on the length, is it 24" or 31"?  At any rate you have given me the push to get one for wading so I can use my favorites phones.

31" tip to tip but that will not be useable length. 25-1/4" of actual cable between the connectors. Sound like a couple feet to me but the clarification is needed and so great question! Click for larger image...

minelab-equinox-audio-cable-adapter-31-inch.jpg

There are less expensive options but they will not have the waterproof connection at the detector. You can find these as a third party option and for less cost than the Minelab version. Way less money for above water use however at less than $10. The one pictured below has been reported as a working alternative and can be purchased online at Amazon for $6.99 delivered.

Another nice thing about wading and using the adapter is no low volume issues as are seen with waterproof phones.

equinox-audio-adapter-cable-minelab-third-party.jpg

• Thanks 2

Looks like one end is threaded.

But that's a lot of money.

• 9 months later...

does anybody know if there is a 3.5 mm female threaded adapter to a male 1/4"? I want to use my waterproof Minelab headphone with my Equinox (no adapter needed) and my SDC2300 (1/4" as I have the adapter from Minelab "special connector" to 1/4" female) I know this connection will not be waterproof but I will not submerse my SDC2300 anyhow.