Where Would You Focus On Detecting

Ive attached a lidar map of the main area i prospect.  Id like to get peoples knee-jerk reactions on where they would swing a detector knowing large nuggets (they have generally been very crystalline with a few specimens found) have been found in the creek.  So what would be your number 1, 2, and 3 spots to focus on.  Ive detected around a good bit and have yet find anything outside of the creek, but i want to see if im missing something obvious. lol  

Search Area 1.pdf

• Like 1

Nice Lidar Immage! 

Did you shoot this from a manned or unmanned aircraft? I’d love to shoot some Lidar on my claims.

It looks like there is a older channel in the creek bed, if so I’d check that area. Maybe it hasn’t been hit by the old timers? 

I added some more info to the map, the stream is only a small portion of valley bottom, the rest is flood plane with about 6 foot of overburden and covered in forest.  Basically the whole area on the map is heavily forested.  During late summer the stream has not even enough flow to run an 8 inch wide sluice box.  

Desertpilot - The map was made from raw lidar data that is available online.  The hard part is finding it and finding free programs to make something usable out of it.  Arizona has some lidar available PM me and i can look to see whats in your area.  

kiwijw - That is actually push over from an abandon power line cut.  I need to detect it since they pushed off some of the overburden and bedrock should be closer to the surface.  Also it looks New Zealand has lidar data out there for the Marlborough Fault System on the Sout Island and the approximately 2,250 square km around Auckland, and probably more areas are available.  

Keep more input coming!! and feel free to mark up the map and repost it with ideas and suggestions.  

Thanks!

Search Area 1.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/9/2018 at 11:57 AM, PG-Prospecting said:

lidar map

Very nice map! Any idea what if anything is available online/ free for Alaska? 

As for your options, if that district is known for gold-quartz host rock I'd scout/ prospect the gulches, starting with the steepest and ideally, the steepest one that directly intersects the active channel or a potentially buried one. As opposed to a gulch that empties into and cuts across lowlands for a ways before entering the creek. The gulch on lower left appears to meet both criteria. The upper left gulch is also appealing because of the terrain below it -- that may be a terrace worth detecting and digging into to detect lower. Might be an ancient channel connecting gulch to creek buried below. I'd head to the 1st option (steep gulch) first, with just my rock hammer, pickaxe, and pinpointer. Navigate/ climb up the gulch itself, all the way up, past those 3 pits, staying in the main stem, closely examining hillsides looking for exposed country rock or digging for it with a pickax