I found one of my bucket listers this morning during a 3 hour hunt.  What is it? :)

I will take her down to the laboratory for some electrolysis and post  pic later.

Bucketlister.jpg

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

Which item are you referring to? I'm a little slow at these things. 

• Like 2

Yep, a 1845 large cent. Here is a link to what they look like - https://www.google.com/search?q=1845+large+cent&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwj_x97Fqq7cAhUT8LwKHe3FDzUQ_AUIDCgD&biw=1024&bih=712#imgrc=6bRtEZ9ZLRY36M

I'll post mine when finished with preservation.  I actually found another two days after my initial post, but that coin is in a poor state and the date unreadable.

• 2 weeks later...

Here it is, banged up a little, but still pretty nice for possibly being in the ground for 173 years.  I waxed it to help preserve it from oxidizing. The waxing is the whitish color you see. I think it gives it more definition also.

Large Cent Obverse.jpg

Large Cent Reverse.jpg

• Like 5

Thanks BeachHunter.  I wasn't expecting to find a large cent.  All else for the day was clad.  It was actually just a clad hunt.  You just never know.  You got to be out there to find it.  Next bucket lister I hope...  a standing liberty quarter in good shape.