Equinox 800 - Beach 2 - Sens 17 - Trac On - Iron Bias 3 - Ran Like A Kitten In The Salt Water. Booty Alert!

khouse

Nice video. The lack of gold recoveries is made up with the extra scenery provided.  Your pin pointing is fine and the scoop/detector are also top notch equimpent.  I don't hunt those big shallow beaches much as the targets are across a vass area and pull tabs seems to be in the shallows.  I myself prefer deeper waist to chest deep water.  I find less signals but the chances of gold usually go up.  Either way, keep at it and glad to see you packing your trash out.  When you get some Waterproof headphones, then you can go deeper.  Good Luck.

Kenny....... there is a video on IB showing what happens with increased IB and near targets you might want to look at.   Clearly we loose targets with increased IB....... for beach hunting i use 0 IB.   Other hunting may call for some.    Depends on where you are i guess too on tracking...... i run default it lets me know when im in fluffy or hard pan.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2018 at 5:09 AM, Gerry in Idaho said:

The lack of gold recoveries is made up with the extra scenery provided

I wouldn't call a 14k 9g ring lack of gold :ph34r:

• Like 1

About $220 melt price if I was to melt it....  About 8 years ago I sold a lot of silver rings and broken gold jewelry.  Now I wish I had it back to help fill a future display.  So from then on I don't sell anything.  Well I spend a lot of the clad though...  There's an inscription inside the ring and I'm still looking for the owner.