GB  I used the GPZ 7000. I run High Yeild , Normal, Max Sensitivity. Also i use NuggetBuster Headphones. I also use a lower pitch to try and get more of a high tone on Non Ferrous targets.This also seems to let the little nuggets come in and a large deep nuggets come in possibly as ground noise but i investigate all false signals because sometimes if you dig on them they turn out to be nice deep nuggets

These are nuggets from Montana. The picture show all we found that weekend. Almost 8 ounces.

20180603_194329.jpg

• Like 7

Absolutely precious! Discovering a precious treasure while spending a precious moment with your son...a memory to be treasured.

19 hours ago, inthemountains said:

These are nuggets from Montana. The picture show all we found that weekend. Almost 8 ounces.

Two more pieces of good news:  Montana has nuggets, and they haven't all be found.  Thanks for enhancing the story with more details.  My second guess on the location was California since it's been yielding big nuggets for going on 1 3/4 centuries (and it's dry there, too).  GPZ 7000 finds yet another, but I'm thinking at ~4.5 tr.oz. there are many detectors that could have picked up this one.  The key is that you (plural) went into an uncomfortable spot and were justly rewarded.  Congratulations, and deservedly so.