I Don't Always Find Silver, But When I Do...

Excellent finds!  Is the 1965 dime actually silver?  Did Canada lag the US a year or two in converting to non-precious metals?  That Merc looks like it just came out of the mint.  Nice!  Ditto on the 1918 quarter; in fact all of the quarters are strong and only likely ciruculated for a short time.

Six weeks (you didn't say how many hours) is just getting started with this detector, IMO.  I can't wait to see what you find the rest of the summer.

• Like 1

Yes Sir, the 1965 is 80% silver. Canadian quarters and dimes were silver up to 1967. In 1968, some were silver and some were nickel...only a magnet knows for sure. And at some point, we digressed into steel garbage...

I just reviewed my files and a conservative estimate would put me about 35 hours or so over 10 outings using the Equinox.

Yeah, I take pics of everything I dig even if it's 51 pennies and a bunch of nickels and then file them by date and location. And the missus has the unmitigated gall to say I have OCD. It's CDO, dammit...the letters have to be in alphabetical order!!!  LMAO!!!

20180707_152526.jpg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Those are awesome finds for the time you've put into the Nox. 

Congrats !!!!!

• Like 1

Congratulations on like the machine, it truly is a great machine. 

• Like 1