DeTech Gold Catcher - Anyone Hear About This?

I use Detech coils on a regular base and find them very stable, they are built very well. I found this .9 gram nugget at 9-10 inches. Barely heard it, but with such a stable threshold I managed to hear it. I been over this spot with Commander coils and Nuggetfinder coils and missed it, since that nugget many more were found. I am not sure about the detectors but I think I saw a video on U-Tube of someone testing a Detech Gold Catcher.post-489-0-09210400-1425223713_thumb.jpg

Probably is aimed at African market...make it look like a gp,then add some goofy graphics...still,would like to see how it does at that frequency, and likerelic says,they do have a good rep for their coils. Ray

• 2 weeks later...

Remember the Desert Gold vlf unit around 14khz a few years back, with the Camel picture on it?

These Detech Gold Catchers are very closely modeled on those but higher in khz.

Unfortunently just like the Detech EDS units, they cannot hold their ground balance further than 3 feet even on medium ground. And are useless on hot ground. They are however extremly powerfull/deep on dead quiet ground and are extremly sensitive like the EDS models. They will hit on small gold in these quiet ground types far further than any VLF unit. As for the Detech coils, both PI and VLF....Excellent!!!

Recall a Detech or similar spelling (senior memory) back after the A2B came out, it`s coils were interchangeable with the A2B, and gave better performance. If they are the same Co. they have been silent for many years, at least in OZ.

Yeah that's the old D-TEX Gold King you're thinking of Norvic, running at 15kHz and sharing coils with the A2b. They were really good units and I prefered them to A2b's construction wise. Heaps to choose from in that coil range from small snipers to big 14 inchers too.

This new Detech mob are from Bulgaria and their coils are tops. I just wish they knew how to make a VLF with a usuable manual ground balance and a better threshold, because matched with their beaut sef coils the machines would be deadly.

Here's an ugly little gold booger I hit with one of their EDS 's and sef coil. It screamed like a banshee, but sadly if their ground balance system and threshold correlation was better, it would have hit this piece in hot ground no sweat!

IMAG3208.jpg

image hosting