Scuba Tector

has any one air test the scuba tector on large objects ????? i like to know it max range ......i seen its worthless on very small targets ....whats it range on a helmet , rifle ,  truck size object ....the targets i look for  are 12 to 24 inches deep could the scuba tector in wet sand go this deep ???  or does it max out at 12" am guessing 2.5x the coil size like other pi detectors do ....

Nugget Hunter 

I have one and it comes up short on detecting gold chains  but I checked it on gold rings and it didn’t show trouble detecting them. The small coil won’t give a great amount of depth but to say how much I’d have to run a test again.

Chuck

thanks ridge runner........... but so far what i seen its worthless to me........ everything i find is more then 12" deep and always large like up to 5500 tons (joke).....a air test on a 20 gallon garbage can or a truck rim  would give me some ideas ....

Yes if your target is over 6” then you need put this detector aside. Like all small coils you just don’t get much depth .

You better off to start with something that’s going to give you depth and still hope you don’t miss it .

Best of luck on your quest for whatever you’re looking to find .

Chuck

• 4 weeks later...