New Coin Non Signals

ed 1

Hi, I am new to using the Minelab Equinox but have previous experience with both fisher and Tesoro machines. Have only used the 800 a couple of times and have found it a joy to use. Have started performing some depth / different metal tests to familiarise myself with tones and numbers and found that my machine does not register fairly new 5p and 10p coins but will pick up pre 2000 5s and 10p ,s. Not that I particularily want to find these but I was wondering i f I have set the machine up wrongly and also if it will miss other similar items. Any replies would be appreciated, thanks

Welcome.

What country are you in?  I don't recognize these denominations {5p,5s,10p,10s}.  Clearly the size and compositions of those coins is key to answering your questions, and that will be done best by someone who actually has them.

6 hours ago, GB_Amateur said:

Welcome.

What country are you in?  I don't recognize these denominations {5p,5s,10p,10s}.  Clearly the size and compositions of those coins is key to answering your questions, and that will be done best by someone who actually has them.

He is in the UK,

7 hours ago, ed 1 said:

Hi, I am new to using the Minelab Equinox but have previous experience with both fisher and Tesoro machines. Have only used the 800 a couple of times and have found it a joy to use. Have started performing some depth / different metal tests to familiarise myself with tones and numbers and found that my machine does not register fairly new 5p and 10p coins but will pick up pre 2000 5s and 10p ,s. Not that I particularily want to find these but I was wondering i f I have set the machine up wrongly and also if it will miss other similar items. Any replies would be appreciated, thanks

Does that machine have a Pull Tab Notch on it because if it does and it is turned on you will loose hammered coins, On the MXT those coins you have listed have the same VDI's to a few Hammered Coins, On the MXT and MXT-300 they have a Pull Tab Notch and if it is set to knock out PT's those coins and hammered and PT's will most likely be notch out/Blanked.

Check to see if it does have a PT Notch before you do anything else,

Hope that helps,

John.

• Like 1

I remember that the Sovereign GT had an Iron Mask switch on it and even when it was turned off it would still mask Iron So maybe the EQ has one built in too/ Not Sure about that but it might, So them coins with an Iron/junk Core might be ignored So Hammered Coins Should be alright if it is an Iron Mask ?

hope that helps.

John.