Terra / Nox Beach Finds 15-07-18 Silvers And Lot Of Coinage

Nuke em

Yesterday after work which i finished at 8pm i got home and had a while to rest before going to the beach for the night . I got there at around 1am and first because the tide was very high and long i used the 705 on the dry tops for the coinage . For the first hour or so i seemed to miss all or most of the coinage , seemed to be passing around them i think . Then when i got to an area near pubs i started to find a steady stream of coinage , after a while i found a then broken now fixed Silver bracelet and a lighter. After that i was still finding more coinage . At around 4am it was starting to get light and i knew it would be time to change to the Nox but for a while longer i stayed with the Terra and then on the tops which in a small area were being turned over by a digger i found an old Silver ring .

At about 5am i took the Terra's control box and coil off the Anderson stem and put the Nox box and coil on and started the low tide , soon after i found a small Silver ring and a few coins but the finds were few and far between . At around 6am a few other people turned up to detect and 2 were using Nox's . After seeing and talking to the first one i saw i went along the beach into the surf a bit and found a Silver band . 

By 7am i was getting a bit knackered and wanted rest but the long low tide kept me going for a bit longer but apart from a few targets i was getting nothing else so at 8.30am i finished and left the beach.

My finds with the Terra were £49.96p , a Silver ring and Silver bracelet and the Light and a small foreign coin and a 20 Euro Cent .

My finds with the Nox were £4.86p , 2 Silver rings and 2 x 20 Euro Cents .

The tides will be getting shorter from now so not sure when i will use the Nox next , maybe a different beach somewhere but my normal beaches are not sandy all the time unless long tides .

54) £49.96p FOUND 15-07-18 XT.JPG

54) £4.86p FOUND 15-07-18 EQ.JPG

• Like 6

Nice details of your night hunt.  Glad to see the rings.  I hope to try my hand at beach hunting later this year.  Congrats.

11 minutes ago, Mark Gillespie said:

Nice details of your night hunt.  Glad to see the rings.  I hope to try my hand at beach hunting later this year.  Congrats.

Its a good way to pay for the hobby . And Gold is far more likely on the beaches than land in many places.

Just now, Chase Goldman said:

I have only found gold at the beach and silver on land, save for one Sterling + Turquoise earring I found at the beach with the EQX.  Go figure.  Anyway - nice rings Nuke.

Most of my Gold has been on the beaches but i have found a Gold Mourning ring at a Weekend Wanderers dig on 7 June 2009 and the week before on the same farm but in different fields i found a rare Gold Quarter Stater of the Cantii tribe . I still have that but gave the ring to the farmer after it was returned by the British Museum when they decided that it wasn't wanted by them .

I found a Gold wedding band for a friend of my Brother in 2008 , a Gold ring for a neighbours friend that was lost for a while . Took 10 minutes to find. 

Apart from Roman and 1 Celtic Silver and Hammered coins most of my Silver has been on beaches too . Over 350 Silver rings/Chains + others off the beaches so far since 2006 but only have half of them left . Wish i kept all my finds now .

Wow that IS a lot of precious metal over the decade+.  What is your standard obligation to the landowner if the the finds are returned to the detectorist?  I know that if the find is retained for its historic value and cash is paid out, that the landowner gets 50%.

On club digs we are allowed to keep anything if its not a treasure item . If treasure then its 50  50 . If not treasure and a farm that isn't a club dig then its 50   50 . 

• Thanks 1

Hi Nuke em.

Awesome matey!   Beats a pension fund that's for sure!

Good on ya brother.

Andy.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Andy2640 said:

Hi Nuke em.

Awesome matey!   Beats a pension fund that's for sure!

Good on ya brother.

Andy.  

I thought so too but that idea has gone down the U bend because of cashless society. 

Still there a few days that will produce. My next hit might be one of them , we'll see tomorrow. 

• Like 1